No announcement yet.

Broke up and need to sell joint property

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broke up and need to sell joint property

    I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years, i believe he is verbally abusive and i am seeking help. we own a condo together and i we are in the process of remodeling and refinancing. I just broke up with him and i need to get out. What kind of lawyer should i contact to help me threw this?

  • #2
    Re: Broke up and need to sell joint property

    Real estate/ litigator.

    You can file for partition. .

    If two or more owners cannot agree on what to do with a piece of property they may petition the court and the court will order a sale or refinancing etc. so that the one or more may get out of the property obligation and/or the other(s) may keep it etc.--it is often done-- (This is true in some cases even for equitable owners that have paid various amounts etc., but for various reasons, may not be on title.) You could threaten to take this action if need be.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  

    the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.