Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreasonable Clients re: renovation

My husband and I have a business dealing with countertops and cabinets. We recently accepted a job for cabinet refacing and countertops for a client. We always request 50% down with the balance due upon completion which usually requires installation. We recieved the 50% down, however extra work was requested which we took upon good faith. From the time that the installation of the work was started, the couple made unreasonable requests as well as being belligerent to the point that my husband and his helper left the premises. The gentleman tried to push my husband when he said he would not leave our tools as requested. The job is 3/4 done, but due to the unreasonable treatment will probably remain uncompleted by us. Is there any way that we can collect partial payment for the work that has been done. By law is there protection for the contractor in this situation.

Re: Unreasonable Clients re: renovation

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court; they caused the breakdown you could argue, and in any case need to pay for the value given.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X