Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I file a complaint against unethical realtor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I file a complaint against unethical realtor?

Our realtor has been contracted to sell our home based on the following commission: "There shall be no commission charged for Listing Services provided by the listing agency as long as the Sellers purchase a replacement property using the services of the Listing Agency. If for any reason Sellers do not contract through the Listing Agency to purchase a property immediately following the sale and closing of the listed property, a full 3% commission shall be charged for the listing services at the closing." Well, we are using our realtor to buy a new property; however, he is now charging us an additional $600 as a success fee, in addition to the 3% commission, as a supplement to the commissions not being paid through the closing of our new home purchase (the commission on the new home purchase is 2.8% because it is a foreclosure property). Since our realtor had previously found a house for us to buy, we signed a contract on it, then changed our mind and decided to buy the foreclosure property, we feel that he is being unethical and greedy in asking that we pay this $600 "success fee." It does not state anywhere in our contract that if the commission on the new home that we buy is less than xx% that we have to pay the difference in commission. Furthermore, he included it in our contract/offer on the new foreclosure property without even discussing it with us first or even mentioning that he had put it in there. Isn't our realtor supposed to looking out for our best interest, not trying to take advantage of us? I would like to know if I can file a complaint against this realtor and, if so, how do I go about doing that? I feel he should have to refund us this $600 that he has charged us, as it was not part of our original contract, although he led us to believe that it was. Thank you.

re: Can I file a complaint against unethical realtor?

You are correct; don't pay and if need be go to small claims court.

Comment

re: Can I file a complaint against unethical realtor?

You can file a complaint against that realtor to the State Realty licensing office and if any wrongdoing was done, his license can be suspended or revoked.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X