Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In contract with house, sellers trying to break

So I am in contract on a house, have been for a month or so. I am going through a housing grant, named Tri-County who pay closing costs and down payments. They are very strict about paint peeling on window sills, which the house in contract has. I have offered to fix these instances and have stated in a signed letter that I waive ALL responsibility on the current homeowners (money, injury, insurance, material, etc.)

They are (for some reason) VERY determined to hit this March 12th deadline and feel Tri-County will not be able to process by that time. Therefore they REFUSE to allow me access to the home to repair and refuse to allow the tri county inspector on the property. They have offered me numerous other offers (taking 2000$ off the asking price, offering furniture, etc) in order to offset the loss of 10,000$ I could potentially get from Tri-County. I told them this was unacceptable and if they wanted to drop the cost 6,000$ then I would consider ditching the grant.

They now will not respond but have told their lawyer they want to void the contract. Even their lawyer told them this was not possible, legally. The contract states "Buyer shall actively pursue financing to the best of his or her ability" which I believe I am doing. Yet they are impeding this.

Do I have legal grounds to go after them or sue based on this? Can I use this statement alone to MAKE them let the inspector on the property?

Breach of contract for lack of performance in my opinion is obvious, my legal counsel has also agreed and I will take it to that level if need be.

Thank you.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X