X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying inherited property

hi -
    I am supposed to close on a mortgage in NY and my lawyer found that the property deed didn't transfer to the living heir before they listed the house and signed our P&S contract. The seller's attorney is supposed to have gone to probate court to straighten it out, and my lawyer says it may take a week for the court to act.

Questions: Is this time frame correct or will probate take longer, am I being strung along, is this negligence on the part of the seller's attorney (I've sold cars and made sure I got the title first). My lawyer hesitated at these questions I suspect out of professional courtesy to the other lawyer so I'm soliciting unbiased comments.

My lock-in rate with the bank is about to expire. The closing date on the P&S was three weeks ago.
    thanks.

Re: Buying inherited property

It could be done in a week. Demand a date as soon or as late as you wish, and if it not done by then you are free to withdraw with all fees returned to you.

Comment

That's why you need title insurance too. Even when lawyers are involved. The title company won't let those things happen and if it does you'll be insured.

Comment

I also recently inherited my grandmother's house in Canada, but I don't want to live there. I always dreamed of moving to live in Singapore, and a friend recently showed me this fantastic housing. I'm just shocked at how fast the houses are being built there. I think it's the best city on earth. I think I have enough money if I sell my grandmother's house. But while I'm doing all the paperwork on the inheritance and thinking about hiring a lawyer. I live in the US and don't know the law of Canada. In any case, the house will be sold within a year, and I don't want to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa45 View Post
          I also recently inherited my grandmother's house in Canada
          Cool!

Comment

I think houses in Canada are expensive enough to buy a good apartment in Singapore. I also find this country very attractive. I recently saw what a chic pasir ris 8complex is being built there. Take a look, maybe you'll like it, it looks like a great option. I hope the company I work for will open a representative office in Singapore and I'll be transferred there! But if you have the opportunity and desire to move, I think you should do it. And while you're selling your house, you can give a deposit for such an apartment. I know that people buy houses there quickly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X