Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bank says the check was a fraudulant check

I was sent a check for the purpose of buying a motorcycle I have forsale. The check was for the amount of 12,500 us dollars. I deposited the check into my account and was asked to forward a portion of the check for shipping of the motorcycle (2,500). My bank holds checks until they are cleared or they are supposed to, my bank cleared the check when I asked about the funds they said if they clear the check it means the check is good... I did not get this in writing I'm sad to say..... About two weeks pasted and now the bank says the check was a fraudulant check and they want the money back ofcourse. I am wondering what actions I can take to protect myself. I don't feel that I am responsible for this money since the bank told me it was available. Do I have a leg to stand on??

re: The bank says the check was a fraudulant check

By law the depositor normally is responsible but you could try threatening to sue them in small claims or other court. You can in some cases argue that they made a separate agreement with you when they said the funds were cleared and the check was okay. You relied on this agreement made between you and the bank employee. WLD lawyers can also often assist in negotiating a solution if need be. You may email them on the home page.

See also:

http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/1540/...eck-scams.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X