Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/16 Call with IRS

I called the IRS today and was told a totally different process than what I have read here.

The agent told me that they will not issue a letter to YMMSS as they only do this for 1099R (retirement 1099s). Since this was a 1099 miscellaneous, I should document all the info, mail the 3949a (already done) and should the IRS come back a year later, show proof of the document and dispute/fraud claim. I should not include it in my tax filing. Both agents have told me not to include the 1099 in my tax filing.

I did tell her this was not what others had been told when calling the IRS about this same company/issue. She told me she was reading it straight out of the IRS procedure manual. She put me on hold to do further research and confirm the information she provided.

Afterwards, she came back on the line and told me she verified her information and it was correct. She did mention that the laws recently changed on how they handle 1099 misc disputes so perhaps the others were not aware of it.

Again, she stated to document/save all corrrespondence from them and attempted calls...document times/dates.

What I got from her is that if they cannot prove they actually paid me or I had access to the money listed on the 1099 as income/actual money, then it is fraudulent and therefore I would not be required to pay taxes on it.

She was a very nice agent and very supportive.

I think we can win this, by just sticking together, documenting everything and putting the pressure back on YMMSS.

Best wishes,

Midwest Gal
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X