• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Bonn arrested in Florida; government announcement

Guatemala: Adoption Service Provider Under Investigation

The Office of Children

Re: Mary Bonn arrested in Florida; government announcement

Guatemala: Adoption Service Provider Under Investigation

The Office of Childrens Issues has learned from official sources of the arrest of American adoption service facilitator Mary Bridget Bonn in Florida . It is our understanding that Ms. Bonn is charged with facilitating the illegal entry of Guatemalan children to the United States .

As this case is an ongoing law enforcement matter, the Department is unable to provide any further information. However, in conjunction with the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala , we are following this case very closely and cooperating with the investigating agencies.

Please monitor our website at: http://travel.state.gov/family/family_1732.html under Intercountry Adoption News for any changes or updates related to Guatemalan adoption policy.

Comment

Finally! Thanks everybody that reported this terrible terrible situation!!!!

Comment

http://travel.state.gov/family/adopt...ntry_3141.html

Comment

Hurray!!! For all the money she took from us I am so very happy.

Thank you for all that has been done!

Comment

I saw that today as well. guess it is true

will look forward to the trial

Comment

Can we attend any trial or proceeding? Where will it be?

Comment

Her trial date is currently set for June 4 at the US District Court in Ft Myers, Florida. But there is another "status conference" set for May 14 at 11:00 a.m. so it's possible she could try to have it delayed again. I believe it is open to the public.

Comment

oh thank you

how did you get that info, I have been looking everywhere

she took my daughter and sold her as far we can tell and I am just sick, just sick with her, i can't really even describe it

Comment

To the person who posted just prior to this. Documents are public through the Collier County Courthouse in Florida. If you visit www.guatadopt.com you will also get any news. The folks there are very close to the case and I recommend that you contact them or the DHS Special Agent handling the case regarding your experience. It sounds absolutely horrendous and you should do your part to make sure Mary is held fully reponsible for her actions. It is a few people like her who have ruined intercountry adoption systems around the world.

One of the agencies she worked very closely with - reaching arms international - just also lost their license. According to the documents on that, it appears as though criminal prosecution is likelly next!

Comment

I also had a bad experience with her a year and a half ago. Very suspicious beahvior throughout. Now I see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        oh thank you

how did you get that info, I have been looking everywhere

she took my daughter and sold her as far we can tell and I am just sick, just sick with her, i can't really even describe it

We are involved in adopting a little girl from Guatemala right now and are very interested in your post, can you give any more detail to your case as to what happened that resulted in you thinking you child was sold?

Comment

Check the recent news on the Internet. There is a large investigation currently by the federal authorities.

Comment

Any of y'all know if Mary Bonn is going to trial on June 4th? did she get the date post-poned again?

Comment

I think it was postponed till July, but will check. I want to go and watch given all the damage she caused our family.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X