check cashing scam (western union wire)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check cashing scam (western union wire)

I used very bad judgement and have been scammed out of $9,000 using my personal checking account. The short story is: I was contacted via email with a job offer to work from home and make extra money. I accepted. What I had to do was receive checks from companies who bought fabric from a company based in the United Kingdom. I deposited the checks in my personal checking account, and then western union wire transferred the remaining funds after I deducted my 10%. I did this 3 times, for 3 checks -- Just after I processed the third check, my bank informed me that the first check was counterfit and bounced all the way to the moon. Since then, all 3 checks have come back to me putting my checking account overdrawn by the total amount of the 3 checks.

re: check cashing scam (western union wire)

wld emailed you privately

Comment

I had a similar scam. Back in March 2005 I put an ad in craigslist.org to rent my apartment in UC Davis college since I was graduating a quarter earlier. This lady responded from the UK saying she was going to art school in the US and needed a place to stay. Being the naive person I was at the time she sent me a cashier's check of $5,000 and asked me to deposit the $1,000 for the first months rent. I went to Washington Mutual and did that and received $4000 rest in cash. She told me she needed $4,000 cash for expenses when she arrives in the U.S. I sent the $4,000 cash back via Western Union. I was expecting the potential tenant to arrive in the US, but realized the worst. The bank contacted me a week later telling me the check didn't clear and I was $4,000 in the negative which I owed them. I had to pay all this back to them and am still waiting for a response from World Law Direct regarding this case. It has been 2 years already and I would like a response from them. Please reply back.

Comment

I had a similar scam. Back in March 2005 I put an ad in craigslist.org to rent my apartment in UC Davis college since I was graduating a quarter earlier. This lady responded from the UK saying she was going to art school in the US and needed a place to stay. Being the naive person I was at the time she sent me a cashier's check of $5,000 and asked me to deposit the $1,000 for the first months rent. I went to Washington Mutual and did that and received $4000 rest in cash. She told me she needed $4,000 cash for expenses when she arrives in the U.S. I sent the $4,000 cash back via Western Union. I was expecting the potential tenant to arrive in the US, but realized the worst. The bank contacted me a week later telling me the check didn't clear and I was $4,000 in the negative which I owed them. I had to pay all this back to them and am still waiting for a response from World Law Direct regarding this case. It has been 2 years already and I would like a response from them. Please reply back.

P.S. My e-mail address should be in the data base. If you check the username and registration. Thank you.

Comment

I also had a bad check that was sent and I was told to send back the extra amount on a computer I bought.

I did and then the bank drained my account of the amount.

It turns out it was a bunch of guys in Europe running a scam!

Contact www.ic3.gov as well if you get sucked into this mess.

Lou,

Comment

Never send money by western union unless it is to family or the like!

Scams abound.

Comment

Just got out of this type of scam before it started. Beware of "JD Klose at [email protected]". Same situation. Cash checks for foreign concerns, keep my 10% commission, deduct Western Union charges and forward balance. Contract to be filled out. My contact was German as the original e-mail talked of a German furniture manufacturer needing go between in the US to forward money blah, blah, blah. The "money orders", in this case, are from WalMart INC. Sittin on one right now for $900 I can't return. Probably phony. Will turn in to the US Attorneys office, or such, to get rid of it.

They don't respond to any questions about legality, or training, etc. They just start with the 'hook'. Also beware of "[email protected]". That one was actually listed with WLD and when I typed it in my search engine it I came straight to WLD with a scam report. Watch your asses!!

Comment

Great advice!!

Comment

Another aspect to consider ID FRAUD
                  they get your info and if they are lucky you end up paying to have your id be duplicated. It is a numbers games but still a scam for fraudulent activity and gain!!!!

Comment

Thank you for this web site. I'm posting a reply to be sure & get this newest company's name out there. My first action upon receiving the mail was to do an online search but I didn't find anything except seemingly legitimate information. However, the story line is exactly as I've seen so many times since searching for 'check cashing scams' - cash checks, keep 10%, forward remainder of the funds. Another flag was that they were insisting that the bank account to be utilized for cashing all checks be established, not new, they were insistent on that. The company information: Only Gadgets Ltd, based in London UK.

The contact for me (Eleanor White, Administrative Director) was fairly diligent, a solicitation email seemingly from CareerBuilder.com; when I replied to that one, a second more informative email with a two lone questions:
                    1) how long has the account been active; and
                    2) have I ever conducted this type of business; upon responding to that email, I received a 3rd email with a contract attached. That's the one (containing contract attachment and entire email chain) I'll be forwarding to someone for safe-keeping.

Lastly, another tip-off that I should have noticed sooner was that the emails were from [email protected]; rhetorical question: why would a legit company advertise another's (non-ISP) domain?

Happy Surfing all.

Comment

Please help i so worried

Comment

You are all Stupid Erase this nonsense Thread

Comment

Thank God my friend realized this was a scam and I asked him to search out the company and this was his e-mail response:

Dear Ola Johnson:

Once again I have to thank you for the opportunity, but like I said before, I do not have a Bank of America account and therefore I am not able to cash that check. I am a bit concerned that even though I mentioned this to you, you still proceeded to involve me in this transaction without my consent, therefore I find my self moved to rescind myself from any business with you and your company, as you failed to send me information such as a website or even a company philosophy and or any thing that would be solid for me to interpret.

please do not contact me again for any purpose

Leo

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:11:59 +0100
                          Subject: FIRST ASSIGNMENT CHECK DELIVERED
                          To: [email protected]

Hello Leo

Am Glad to Inform you that a check Payment has been sent to you which is your first Assignment and has been delivered today via United Parcel Service (UPS) . Below is the transaction Details.
                          Transaction Details :
                          ----------------------------------
                          UPS Tracking Number : J224 711 7186
                          When you Get the Check take it to your Bank and have it deposited or cashed and let me know when the Bank says the check is available or as been cashed. You are to send our Balance Immediately after deducting your 10% , Via Western Union To the information below as soon as you have the cash in hand.
                          Western Union Service Type to use : Money In Minutes
                          Recievers Information:
                          Recievers Name : John Hartley
                          Recievers Address : 4 Bittacy Hill,
                          Recievers City : London
                          Recievers Zip Code : NW7 1LB
                          Recievers Country : United Kingdom
                          The Western union charges are to be deducted from our funds , When the Money has been transfered Let me have the informations Below
                          MTCN :
                          Amount Sent :
                          Amount Charged By Western Union :
                          Your Full Name and address as on the western Union Slip :
                          I will be waiting to read from you today with the Update about the check Payment.
                          MAKE SURE YOU SEND IT IN US DOLLARS
                          Thanks
                          PAYMENT CO-ORDINATOR

Comment

Beware of this notorious scam couple....

Middleton, Leonard & Linda
                            475 Franklyn Road #312
                            Kelowna, BC , V1X-7J9
                            (250) 860-8423
                            IP Address: 24.67.96.76 Shaw Cable
                            [email protected]

Comment

hey there
                              take a look or education about how you can be save of scam
                              check
                              i know this game
                              how people go to my store trying to chenge the check
                              i learn from the best

go to ->>
                              www.checkcashingkingdom.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X