Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLD YMMSS/STA FAQ?

Dear WLD Staff and Hello Fellow Crimefighters!

WLD,

Have you been able to establish any "outside income?" Is there reason to believe that Kim Inman has been attempting to hide money in offshore accounts?

Referring to the case reported here: http://www.pe.com/business/local/sto...6.2b62970.html
    Phillips noted the significant number of victims and amount of money lost but also said it was difficult to sentence Harding, because he appeared to not know he was perpetrating a fraud.

"By all accounts, he's a very hard-working man. He lost a great deal of money himself," Phillips said.
    Kim Inman made a well-publicized effort to "distance ourselves" from YMMSS by renaming his company and forbidding the use of "YMMSS" (and "investment" and "retirement" and etc...) in the YM forum. He is increasingly secretive and those of us who are seeking justice must be very careful to take screenshots of what we find before access is blocked by bots. Questions are referred to the "helpdesk," where the lack of sensible answers continues. The forum has been sanitized of members probing questions and access then denied. The Conference Call Minutes have disappeared. Everywhere, deleted evidence that YMMSS' existenced. Except for Matrixwatch. And here. )

Do you consider these factors to substantiate a preponderance of guilt/liability? If we are lucky enough to see Inmans's incarceration, is it likely that this evident "preponderance" will convert to a longer sentence than the approximately 4 years imposed in the Harding case? If, so how much more correction might be administered?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

I am wondering why no one wil respond to this thread by Worldlaw

Comment

Hi Flame

WLD staff WILL give us pertinent information WHEN they get it, and IF it doesn't compromise our case. Also, don't forget that WLD has a LOT of unraveling to do to even begin to figure out YMMSS/STA.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and for your patience.

Comment

Re: WLD YMMSS/STA FAQ?

My Dad and step-mom went on that cruise you were talking about in October 2005. My husband told me that my Dad sold all his rights to commision on a product, just to get a "chunk" of cash to invest. My Dad never recovered anything, either. He transferred/bought my husband a $10 share out of another ponzi site he was working at Christmas time 2005.

I didn't realize that my husband had given my Dad his SSN!!!! That was a NO-NO!!!!

My husband watched the "e-credit(s)" for awhile and got frustrated that nothing was happening and never got anything.

Today my husband ALSO recieved a 1099 for $1,600. My Dad got one for $1,700 and my step-mom got one for $2,400. Noone has seen a penny.

I called the City Attorney in Vincennes, Indiana. I was invited to send an e-mail with details of the fraud. I'm not sure what authority they have, either.

Did you keep the envelope? Ours was postmarked from zip code 78750. That's Austin, Texas, Travis County. Is someone making a "drop" of 1099's at the post office. That's a "port" for "visitors" from Central America. Maybe the authorities can catch someone, there?

How do you know anyone is working this case (FBI, IRS, Attorney General)? What's the status of charges against these scum-balls? Does anyone have any concrete info about them, other than the Belize address?

Please advise any other steps you have taken to protect yourselves against further fraud. Registered ID theft? etc...

Comment

I too am a victim of this mess. When I got home tonight, I had my 1099 from them claiming that I had "earned" $7980.00! Like the rest of you, I haven't seen one red cent during 2006. They claimed I had earned quite a bit more than I had actually made in 2005 as well. I got busy drawing out all the money I had personally invested in the scheme during 2005. All I wanted was what was rightfully mine, not a penny more. I took no earnings, just my initial spends into the program. It was a total of around $1800. I couldn't begin to come up with enough legitimate deductions to offset the remainder so I ended up paying taxes on around $700. I thought that would be the end of it.

Looks like we may have a fight on our hands but count me in! I spoke with a friend of mine who is a tax accountant and he suggested that I first attempt to contact someone at YMMSS and ask them to send me a corrected 1099 showing zero dollars earned. Has anyone tried that? I feel sure that it would be a waste of time but I am going to make a call tomorrow and see what happens. Assuming anyone even answers the phone, I plan to tell them that if they aren't willing to correct my 1099, then they can either cut me a check for $7980, for which I will pay taxes gladly or I will begin legal proceedings along with the rest of you by filing form 3949A with the IRS (report of tax fraud) and also contacting the Attorney General's office in Indiana.

I actually went to their sanitized forum this morning and read an article there where they were coaching people on how to file a fraudulent return by claiming business expenses to offset the income. What I want to know is this.........who really got the $7980?????

Comment

Originally posted by dcshields View Post
            I actually went to their sanitized forum this morning and read an article there where they were coaching people on how to file a fraudulent return by claiming business expenses to offset the income. What I want to know is this.........who really got the $7980?????
            STA is a bit like a quicksand pit, eh? LOL Who got the $7980? Kim Inman, of course, and he wants more in "legitimate" tax deductions, too. Reporting him to the IRS is the ONLY solution (in addition to investigation by WLD). See Drankoolaid's thread at Matrixwatch for instructions on how to make this report. The link is in another recent post here.

Best of luck and keep up the good work.

Comment

Yes likewise I got the infamous 1099 yesterday and since I already had my appointment to file taxes at 1pm today I went and filed but I did not add in the 1099. I showed my accountant the 1099 and all he said was well if you don't claim it then sometime in the middle of the year you will probably get a notice from the IRS asking about it. I hope by then that they have had heard from enough YMMSS/Sta people that they will know about it. Anyway
              last June I did receive a check for 98.00 from STA. but that is all. The 1099 said I earned 2300.00. What a joke. I never heard of paying taxes on virtual money. My tax guy said it sounded like Kim was shifting his tax burden onto us. Yeah he got our money and now he wants us to pay his taxes too. Can you believe it. My heart goes out to all those who lost a great deal of money and now are being slammed with this. I wish this was the only scam I got caught up in but I was also caught up in a scam called CSI global a debt relief company. So if you have any stories on this one it as bad if not worse than STA.

Comment

Tweedledee...your tax guy may be well intentioned but he isn't very well informed. I spoke with a friend today who is an IRS agent. She told me to call the IRS and inform them of the phony 1099 so they will have a record of it. She also said not to include it as income when filing taxes. She asked me the EIN of this company and plans to investigate when she gets back in the office on Tuesday.

Michele

Comment

Michele,

Yes I have many documents to send with my 3949A to the IRS, along with the 1099 STA sent me. He only mentioned it because Sta has already sent this info into the IRS and if when I file I don't put it in it will look like I am being deceptive. therefore the 3949A for the phony 1099 along with a copy of the 1099 and other documents.

Comment

Originally posted by RighteousAnger
                    Dear WLD Staff and Hello Fellow Crimefighters!

WLD,

Have you been able to establish any "outside income?" Is there reason to believe that Kim Inman has been attempting to hide money in offshore accounts?

Referring to the case reported here: http://www.pe.com/business/local/sto...6.2b62970.html

Kim Inman made a well-publicized effort to "distance ourselves" from YMMSS by renaming his company and forbidding the use of "YMMSS" (and "investment" and "retirement" and etc...) in the YM forum. He is increasingly secretive and those of us who are seeking justice must be very careful to take screenshots of what we find before access is blocked by bots. Questions are referred to the "helpdesk," where the lack of sensible answers continues. The forum has been sanitized of members probing questions and access then denied. The Conference Call Minutes have disappeared. Everywhere, deleted evidence that YMMSS' existenced. Except for Matrixwatch. And here. )

Do you consider these factors to substantiate a preponderance of guilt/liability? If we are lucky enough to see Inmans's incarceration, is it likely that this evident "preponderance" will convert to a longer sentence than the approximately 4 years imposed in the Harding case? If, so how much more correction might be administered?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
                    If Kim is trying to distance himself from YMMSS then why is the help desk still called YMMSS help desk???

Comment

If Kim is trying to distance himself from YMMSS then why is the help desk still called YMMSS help desk???
                      Because the situation has snowballed way beyond their control and they're busy squirrelling away our money so WLD and IRS have a hard time finding it? They only recently changed their PUBLIC FORUM from "ym" to "sta." LOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X