Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My upstairs neighbor is following me from room to room..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My upstairs neighbor is following me from room to room..........

I have a serious issue going on here at my apt. My upstairs nieghbor has been following me from room to room since the first 3weeks of moving into my new apt. And it has now been going on for around 6to 7 months now ,he came down one time when he was drunk to apologize for his loudness so this was a good time to confront him about the following me around and when I asked him what it was all about he said he wasn't doing anything intentional so I said we can squash the situation if it stops I said well then its obvious to me that u knew u were following me from room to room right? OK so it stopped for 4days after that conversation we had,but after those 4 days he started back up again and hasn't stopped yet its now been 6 to 7 months now I am furious over what this guy has been doing to me when I go to bed he goes to bed ,when I wake up he wakes up I am constantly yelling at this ******* and my stress level is out the window I'm red in the face over this he just won't stop following me from room to room. He also started walking back and fourth to the vent on the stove to try and hear my conversation and goes back and fourth all night long ,I don't know what to do anymore I am in a wheelchair I'm a T-5 paraplegic so its not like I can get.upstairs to bang on his door and kick the **** out of him cause of my situation of being in a wheelchair, and as I write this right now his right above me tapping on the floor I'm on section 8 housing so I can move out until my 1 year lease is up or I would have already moved out of my apt. The main question me ,and the people I've shared this with is what could he be using to follow me from room to room? Nobody knows I can't even take a s.,.t in the bathroom without bearing him walking into the bathroom and just stops and stands there until I'm done .Inhavnt called the cops because I know they will say unroll he does something they can't do anything to help me or make him stop. I've email the property management where I rent from never heard hack so I feel I'm being pushed into taking this matter inro my own hands cause this guy is not !!! Gonna stop so I ask u for help or advice on what can I do to make this upstairs neighbor from following me from room to room.... Sincerl, David

Re: My upstairs neighbor is following me from room to room..........

How is he getting into your apartment to follow you from room to room? Do you let him in?

You can get a restraining order from his entering your apartment, contacting you, coming within X feet of you or your apartment. There is no cost and the courts provide a packet with instructions.

The forms for a restraining order should be available online. One applies, if the situation is urgent, a temporary order is issued with a return date of usually no more than a couple, three weeks for him to show cause why it should not be made permanent.

Once such an order is issued should he violate it, then you can call the police and they will haul his nosy. harassing keister to jail. And you should be able to then get a good nights sleep.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may serve a written notice to your neighbor and the property management. If they do not resolve the matter then you may file a lawsuit and request the court to order an injunction against the harassment being meted out to you. You may contact Legal Aid and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF

Comment

I think OP is indicating neighbor is walking form room to room in his own apt. I would be happy he is sleeping while you do and since it has been going on for about 7 months, you are in the home stretch to move.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I just wonder how he hears you move around? The bathroom and the kitchen I can understand, but if the TV isn't on how is he to know whether you're reading or gone to bed?

I'm inclined to agree with Disagreeable, just prepare to move at the year mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
            I think OP is indicating neighbor is walking form room to room in his own apt. I would be happy he is sleeping while you do and since it has been going on for about 7 months, you are in the home stretch to move.

He says, "following me from room to room." That means trailing behind. Let the poster clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelchairdave7 View Post
              I have a serious issue going on here at my apt. My upstairs nieghbor has been following me from room to room since the first 3weeks of moving into my new apt. And it has now been going on for around 6to 7 months now ,he came down one time when he was drunk to apologize for his loudness so this was a good time to confront him about the following me around and when I asked him what it was all about he said he wasn't doing anything intentional so I said we can squash the situation if it stops I said well then its obvious to me that u knew u were following me from room to room right? OK so it stopped for 4days after that conversation we had,but after those 4 days he started back up again and hasn't stopped yet its now been 6 to 7 months now I am furious over what this guy has been doing to me when I go to bed he goes to bed ,when I wake up he wakes up I am constantly yelling at this ******* and my stress level is out the window I'm red in the face over this he just won't stop following me from room to room. He also started walking back and fourth to the vent on the stove to try and hear my conversation and goes back and fourth all night long ,I don't know what to do anymore I am in a wheelchair I'm a T-5 paraplegic so its not like I can get.upstairs to bang on his door and kick the **** out of him cause of my situation of being in a wheelchair, and as I write this right now his right above me tapping on the floor I'm on section 8 housing so I can move out until my 1 year lease is up or I would have already moved out of my apt. The main question me ,and the people I've shared this with is what could he be using to follow me from room to room? Nobody knows I can't even take a s.,.t in the bathroom without bearing him walking into the bathroom and just stops and stands there until I'm done .Inhavnt called the cops because I know they will say unroll he does something they can't do anything to help me or make him stop. I've email the property management where I rent from never heard hack so I feel I'm being pushed into taking this matter inro my own hands cause this guy is not !!! Gonna stop so I ask u for help or advice on what can I do to make this upstairs neighbor from following me from room to room.... Sincerl, David
              THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO!
                Another brain surgeon in our midst making a useless comment on a four year old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  THIS HAPPENS TO ME TOO!
                  ...and me.

Comment

this also happens to me , so many people afraid to come forward and speck about it as afraid of ridicule , might as well say I saw a ufo land in my front lawn ! & still people would think am nuts .

Comment

Re: My upstairs neighbor is following me from Bathroom to bedroom to bed.........

I do have Problems with a few negative neighbours ' But the neighbours from Hell live above me , While I realise this is becoming a very common problem from all corners around the world.
                      Its now happening too me !
                      So lets call the Neighbour ( MR Depressant )
                      I Have noticed quite a few people asking and suggesting how are they doing this !
                      & Why !
                      1) Noise travels both up and down ,
                      2) People tend to have routines in the morning afternoons and evenings
                      3) when you change your routines to out wit Mr Depressant your always return to your daily routines again - Hence back to square One
                      4 ) People who harass others are Depressants
                      5) why do they do it - could be a Number of things

1. they want to cause you stress -
                      2. they want to suffocate the air you breath -
                      3. they want to intrude into your own private space -
                      4. they feel empower by distorting your Daily Life
                      5. they have plenty of free time !!!!
                      6. they know your always thinking of them ! sounds a bit fetish but true
                      7. you have a neighbour living below - its possible they are good friends and don't like your kind living in their apartment block .

I could go on all night : these type of people would have done it before to other people they know what they are doing is wrong' but enjoy the high of destroying other people lives.

While they see you every day suffering and slowing changing into the person they want you to be. they have no Remorse or guilt.

First sign of stress shows in the face & affects some people more than others through to cleanness Smelling good, hands nails hair & Health ,Hence skipping the odd shower or bath to avoid Mr Depressant.( Not a good Idea ) Buy some ear plugs

Mr Depressant can now see how your changing in appearance , from your hop in your step being demolished to a slow sluggish walk .

Mr Depressant wants that power over you ,which Makes them feel proud of their self for created a foul Human being.

They enjoy controlling others ,whether its male or female ,they will do it to others were ever they move too or live.
                      They live on the Dark side of life - To destroy everyone and anyone .
                      WHY - To Change you & Watch you Fall .

So here is my story :

I live Alone in a apartment Block Building of 9 ' Mr & Ms Depressant have one toddler of 2 yrs & he is a little cutie ,

from Monday to Friday I have my 10 month old Grandson while my daughter & her partner go to work ' Mr & Mrs Depressant would wake at 8 am as I do every morning & head for the bathroom being a few steps behind me , while they are above me 'I turn the tap to run the water to wash and brush my teeth ' they would do the same , every morning is the same ,they then follow me back into the bedroom to dress ,they would then make lots of noise opening their draws and cupboards which are directly under mine, ( is it getting weird yet ) all the apartments are planned with the same layout ,sometimes I get dressed in the living room & they follow my routines even if I change it .after a long stressful day I would run a bath knowing what's going to happen next ,No doubt they can hear the taps running , once I go to the bathroom I turn the taps off & they are above me ' stamping and walking back and forth turning taps on & off to pulling the chain on the toilet ,No matter how long I stayed in the bath ( up to an Hour lol ) they would continue their little playact.

( Determined little hoes or what ! ) while I have my earplugs in my ears listen to music or reading a book ( Most importantly I chill out )

( Remember your wasting their time stealing their space and the air they breath )

then at the weekends my free time I will spend watching a movie sometime up to 4- 5 am
                      surfing utube or playing a game - Time fly's by doesn't it

(Now am stealing their sleep as well ) I have Just Intruded into their space & am in control by being me.

what goes one way can go both ways ,( do I normally live this way - Yep I have kept to my normal Routine.
                      Then after a few weeks they seem to bump into me on the stairs ( hmmm ) everyone can hear front doors closing its No Big secret in this block , Mr Depressant Presently approaches me and ask how I am doing - and how he would like to invite me to their flat for dinner and see what they have done to the place ,( hmmm I don't think So ! ) That's Not Freaky at all lol

Its important to support & boost each other on web sites & not to be mocked by others that haven't experience the evil Demise of Mr & Ms Depressants its no fun Ride is it.

Comment

You nailed it!!! Just ignore them. They may find you very interesting, as my up stair neighbors find me. Smh

Comment

Here's the thing that concerns me. My neighbor takes in wash and have so many washing machines going that they've flooded my bathroom many times. But they also follow me into the bathroom anytime day or night. I'm wondering if perhaps they've got some kind of drug operation going on up there? I know the wife is a victim of domestic violence, because it sounds like someone is getting body slammed and they're throwing furniture around. But I can hear how freaked out they get when I take showers and my hours vary so they might have to get up at 3am to monitor my showers and same thing if I run water in the kitchen. So sometimes I'll be doing housework and I'll leave the shower running and go and do the dishes. Basically now I've decided that they're not getting to me I'm controlling them. The weirdest thing is that it sounds like someone is already in the bathroom anytime day or night and then someone else joins them and I can faintly hear them ask "is he down there?" . Is someone being locked in the bathroom and their jailer comes in to make sure they don't ask me for help through the small opening for the heating pipes? There's so many aspects and weird actions like the alarm to the roof door goes off and I hear the man get up to turn it off. Deliveries perhaps? It feels like they've got a house of horrors going on up there. When all the laundromats closed for covid 19 they doubled their laundry intake. That alone is abuse. He would make his wife risk her health for a few dollars that I know she never sees. I know in my gut she's being abused, but I don't have conclusive evidence and she has a son who is at least 25 by now so why doesn't he help her? Instead he delivers the laundry. Once I heard him say "mommy he's in the bathroom again". He's a grown man and he sounded like a little boy, so they're extremely dysfunctional. Whatever they're doing they will screw up enough to get caught. Maybe he'll kill her? I think she might have said "help" as I passed her in the hallway, but through the mask it was hard to tell and frankly I think perhaps I'm nuts and it's my imagination? But everytime I feel comfortable with that conclusion and say it's no big deal, stressful times and I've invented this crazy story to cope somehow. I'm fine with that and then I hear them listening to me take a dump or sigh with exasperation when they think I'm done and I turn the water back on to shower some more and I then unfortunately I'm not a little delusional, they're really up there. When I see them I smile look them in the eye and ask how they're doing? Because I'm not embarrassed that they hear me taking a dump and it doesn't matter how noisy it might be. That would be like being embarrassed that a family of mice or rats were watching me ****. They're just some pests living in the walls. I can't even think of them as humans anymore. If this woman really did say "help" she's going to have to try harder. I'm not going to risk looking crazy and waste my time for her and her son to defend their abuser and say she or both of them are clumsy and body slamming themselves. Yes I'm cold, but I can't be the only person who sees this. She goes out to shop and believe it or not sometimes goes to the laundromat as well. I'm going to need something definitive and yeah that might be a body being carried out of the building. Not my f-ing problem.

Comment

Oh my God! this is happening to me right now. How is it even possible??? I'm soo stressed out. I'm afraid to shower or pee anymore...He follows me from room to room. i can't make a sound without him running to the room I'm in, and just stands there. What can I do???

Comment

This currently happening to me! He has some type of machine that makes my apartment vibrates that he drags to whatever room I'm in. Do you know what that device can be?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X