USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age of Consent laws (16 and 19 year old)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Consent laws (16 and 19 year old)

Minnesota

Hello, I am a 15 year old girl living in Washington county in Minnesota. I will be turning 16 in less then 2 months, on May 4th, and my current bf is 18, and he will be turning 19 on August 14th (he is about 32 months older then me). I have done some research on the Age of consent laws here in Minnesota, and from what I have read, it sounds like it is perfectly legal for my boyfriend and me to be in a non-sexual relationship once I turn 16. we have not had any type of sex (oral, anal or vaginal), and we have talked about it, and are not planning on engaging in any of it until I turn 18 or if we get married.
    My dad has said that he could call the cops and have my bf arrested for him dating a minor, but can't he only get arrested if my dad has proof of us having sex? (Also, my dad has always been a controlling person, so I have thought many times of talking to a judge or something like that, and making it so he doesn't have any control over me/my life [or have my mom file for full custody]. If I do this, he can't do anything about my boyfriend, right?)
    Now, I can definitely say I am not an expert on this topic, so it would be awesome if someone could explain to me the Age of Consent laws here in Minnesota, or give me a break down of the subject. Also, could you tell me if its legal for my boyfriend and me to be in a relationship if we aren't having sex (oral, anal, or vaginal)?

Thank you!
    Yes - Its there life, let them be together.
    0%
    Yes - as long as there is no sexual contact.
    0%
    Depends, are the parents okay with it?
    0%
    No - this is wrong and illegal.
    0%

Re: Age of Consent laws (16 and 19 year old)

The age of consent is 16 in Minnesota, regardless of the other partie's age.

That said, your parents decide who you can and cannot see while a minor. Not living with your father will not change his right to object - and take legal action to ensure it.

Comment

It is not the purpose of this forum to enable child predators and immature children to hook up.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
        It is not the purpose of this forum to enable child predators and immature children to hook up.
        He is not a child predidor, and I have been through a lot more then a lot of people 3 times my age so I wouldn't say I'm immature. We have already been dating for 8 months, but the age issue has just recently started to become a problem.

Comment

Age of consent is 16.The legal age for marriage without parental consent in Minnesota is eighteen. Younger people may get married with parental consent and in some cases with a court order. The laws are meant to prevent young people from being sexually exploited by adults, not to punish adolescents who are in consensual relationships. Generally, an individual between 13 and 16 years of age may have consensual sex with a partner who is no more than 24 months older, under Minnesota law. Speak with an expert attorney.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X