Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an agreement with a daycare provider - Toronto, Ontario

I had an agreement with a day care provider that I was to finish my basement and she was to run the day care from there. It has taken 6 weeks to finish the basement and 19000 dollars later. I had to push back the dates 2 times throughout the 6 weeks due to trades not able to finish the jobs fast enough. She had given me the excuse of her and her husband splitting up and financially she could not hold up with the aggreement unless we gave her 2 months to get back on her feet. She had only advised us of this 1 week prior to finishing the basement. Bg understanding of the situation, I agreed to give her 2 months but we needed to discuss financials as I had invested a lot of money into this project and asked if she could call me to arrange a few things. After not hearing from her and ignoring me when I picked up my son, my wife sent an email stating that financially we are unable to send our son to daycare any longer as we now have a 19000 debt that we need to pay back. Her husband replied back stating that she will no longer deal with the matter and all dealings will go through him. Also he states that they are no longer moving forward with us and the day care being run out of our basement because we pushed back the dates too many times and we are not reliable. Please advise if I can sue these people as we feel this is an unjust cause they have done

re: I had an agreement with a daycare provider - Toronto, Ontario

It appears you violated the agreement and they made other arrangements. What do you feel has been done contrary to law? If you had obtained a written contract, the terms would be indisputable.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

She had aggreed to moving the dates verbally. It was at the last min she had decided to change her mind after we had contracted more contractors to finish the job.

Comment

I even sent her a written notice of dates changing to make sure if she did not want to move forward, she could of advised me and I would of spent more money

Comment

*wouldn't

Comment

Re: I had an agreement with a daycare provider - Toronto, Ontario

Woulda, Coulda and Shoulda do not make a contract. I'm sorry.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: I had an agreement with a daycare provider - Toronto, Ontario

My approach would be to offer the finished basement to another enterprise and write this one off. You have the benefit of the finished space now and can pick and choose your tenants, getting someone financially sound and reliable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X