USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does property in my house become mine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does property in my house become mine?

Our friend was living with his mom, but she got evicted, so we let our friend stay with us in the house we're renting for a couple weeks. However after some time, we found out he was stealing from us (food, beer, cigarettes, cash, prescription meds, and a cell phone) so we immediately kicked him out. He took most of his stuff with him, but he left a tv. If he asks for it, do we have to give it to him, or can we claim it as ours now? If he tries to come and get it can we say no and claim trespassing if he refuses to leave?

Re: When does property in my house become mine?

I wish to inform you that you may not keep TV with yourself. In this regard TV ownership is with your friend and may not be changed. You can have court order for abandonment of TV and then you can sell the TV and keep proceeds to be handed over when your friend comes back after deducting your expenses.

AFF

Comment

Re: When does property in my house become mine?

You need to follow the property disposal law for your state.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X