Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex boyfriend refuses to return my dog

My ex took my dog from my house when I was moving on Feb. 18th and he came to get his dresser. He texted me before I got home and told me he had my dog and would bring him back on the 23rd. I didn't give him permission to take my dog in any way. Now he says that I asked him to take him because I didn't have a place for him to go but that's not true. I moved to a place where I could bring both of my dogs and when I signed the lease on the 16th of Feb. I listed both dogs on it. I've known him for 15 years, he was very abusive to me and I didn't go to the police right away because I was worried that would make him harm or get rid of my dog. I have multiple text messages going back to Feb. 23rd where he says he will bring him back tomorrow...every day for over a week he said this. He said he had no gas $ so I said I'd give him gas $ and he said ok. Then I said I would come pick him up and still nothing. He keeps saying he never said I can't have him back but its been 3 weeks and every time I ask him about it he says I have to pay his electric bill. I even went as far as saying I would give him the money for his electric bill when he gives me back my dog and he told me to go pay the bill. I don't owe the bill, its not mine, but I was willing to do it to get my dog back. He's also been threatening me. What are my options? I know a dog is property and I can file a replevin action but I don't know his address and he lives with his new girlfriend. I know the only reason he is doing this is a way to have some control over me and hurt me. He's done things like this before with my car and not brought it back for weeks knowing I'd be stuck at home and lose my job.

Thank you,
    Katie - Minnesota

Re: Ex boyfriend refuses to return my dog

Consult the police.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X