No announcement yet.

Defamation of Character. Goa India

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Defamation of Character. Goa India

    Hi, I am from India. We are a group of families come together to solve our problem with the builder of our complex, who has not conveyed the land/property onto the name of our Registered Society even after 11 years have lapsed, and our constant inquiries of the same. It so happens that the builder himself lives in the same complex along with his two sisters, one of which was the presiding secretary until she was chucked out on account of criminal offense against one of our Executive Committee members.The Chaiman of the Board,who is a lawyer by profession and on the builders side ( so we learned later), has used his lawyer knowledge to bully and smother us from going up to the higher authorities with our grievances However, our case was taken up by the Registrar of Co-op. Societies. who sent a Show Cause Notice to the Board of our Society i.e. the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. The Chairman in his reply has stated that myself being member of the Society has entertained Male Clientele at my residence while my husband is away. Sir I also have two teenage daughters. This statement of his utterly wrong and defaming the entire family. Do I have a case of Defamation of Character against the Chairman. Please reply.

  • #2
    Re: Defamation of Character. Goa India

    I wish to inform you that under Indian law, there is both a civil remedy and a criminal remedy for defamation. Defamation can only take place if the statement made by the other party are not true, are not fair comment and not subject to qualified privilege. Under the civil remedy, you may claim damages in the court for the loss caused to your reputation.Under criminal law, IPC Section 499 deals with defamation. There are 10 exceptions provided in IPC Section 499. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to show that the subject matter of defamation in this case is not covered under the 10 exceptions. You may give a written notice. If the matter is not resolved by the other party, you may file a lawsuit. Alternatively, you may report the matter to law enforcement agencies.



    • #3
      Re: Defamation of Character. Goa India

      Hello friend, I will tell you about one of the best law firm lawyer in Goa India. is a leading legal in Goa as well as in all cities in India.
      Just go to and send them a query within 24 hours they reply back to you.

      I hope you will find best solution related to Family Lawyer in Goa.


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.