Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Good evening! I had a desire to meet on the Internet 2 years ago and in my opinion this is a great way for quick acquaintances. It's very cool that the sites are developing and a lot of new functions have appeared on the site on which I meet. I advise you to read the tinder dating app reviews and try meetings, good luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
    Re: 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

The brain isn't fully developed until 21 years of age. Emotions rule. So kids do stupid things.

When kids create other kids it eventually becomes EVERYONE's business because the American public ends up supporting them through medical, social institutions overload, their ending up on welfare.

Someone once said parents should put their kids out at 14 when they think they know everything. They'll be back by age 15 admitting, yes, the parents were right. If one could only put their kids on ice from 12 to 18, parenting would be a lot simpler.
    Well I certainly agree with that but now what to do--I can't kick him out but I cant stop what they are doing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It depends on the kids involved and only the parents can make that decision.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There is nothing wrong or even unusual about a 2 year age difference, at any age, IMO.

It's not really even an issue to discuss.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The age of consent in Texas is 17 so the day after 17 we are home free right!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It is not illegal for 14 and 16 years olds to date in TEX is it?

What if there are sexual relations, is that a crime?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nor is it wrong or illegal. To be honest, whoever posted that ridiculously selfish comment is the one who's in need of growing up. It angers me when someone is so forward with their opinion when they know little or nothing about the situation. He/she needs to consider and accept the fact that teenage sex does take place, and cautions are being taken by many of them. Saying that a baby made as a result of teenage sex is a "stigma upon society" is just completely wrong and disgusting. It is still a human being, that was made by 2 able-bodied people, regardless of their age.

I'm aware that every one has a right to their own opinion, but you are clearly so misinformed. You need to get over the fact that teenagers are young adults and have sexual hormones and a sexual urge. What i dont agree with is for example, a 30 year old dating a minor. When it is as little as a 2 year gap, it is perfectly acceptable. Schools enroll in teaching about contraception and various other things to prevent teenage pregnancy from taking place. Clinics offer contraception to teenage girls. Teenagers in general should NOT be stereotyped as "dumb, hormonal, sex searching animals" because a fair few of them do take precautions, and are responsible enough to deal with these "issues"
    Good ****ing day.
    Best comment ever on this thread XD i just wondered what these results would roll in..and this was by far the best reply xD

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Have you failed to notice the pandemic of teenage parents? There is nothing "innocent" about a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Teenagers are young adults and as such, have sexual hormones and sexual urges.

The only "unreasonable" comment left on this thread is yours.
    Not necessarily as bad as teenage births are. You can't refrain yourself from liking someone if there is the chance that she could get pregernant. Yes it's bad and a sexual relationship under 27 shouldn't be had but if they like each other I don't believe that going to cinemas or something like that is bad. Case closed

Leave a comment:

• Disagreeable
    replied

Will you have overwhelmed us with your great intellect and adult sophistication. What year of college did you say you are in?

Leave a comment:

• will40314
    replied
    You all just idiots who like there power trains and getting people to respect your Authority. He wasent pressuring Her into sex. Love is Love, Boy & Boy Girl & Girl20&22 65& 70 14&16. People assume teenagers are sex craving pigs, they have feelings aswell. Parents have the right to worry about there children cause they can make stupid mistakes with out years of practice. You needa just ask urself is the love there, just don't be played. The law says no sex till both people are 16 but u still can be a normal bf and gf. I am 14 myself (boy) and I am inlove with at 16 year old girl. We are both mature and she amazing. I ain't having sex with her till I am the legal age( if we are still dating). You can't call a stigma on society, if I was called that just because my parents you Would make me feel like a mistake and want to kill myself o run. U •••••• who are creating more problems for this girl should just help her. If u dont have anything good to say don't say anything at all. I wish u all luck with ur love life and don't let people tell u otherwise(minus underage sex). You only live once and u should spend it happy I went to this post to see if it could help me but it only left me worried. I Thought about everything and u should just believe in ur heart. Ying and Yang (Ying the helpful people) (Yang the haters). they will all ways be to different opinions u can't please everyone but just think positive and help anyone and be a gentalman. U Grammar Natzi's can make fun of me but do I care no enjoy life stay happy, follow ur dreams and Unite in peace

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

The brain isn't fully developed until 21 years of age. Emotions rule. So kids do stupid things.

When kids create other kids it eventually becomes EVERYONE's business because the American public ends up supporting them through medical, social institutions overload, their ending up on welfare.

Someone once said parents should put their kids out at 14 when they think they know everything. They'll be back by age 15 admitting, yes, the parents were right. If one could only put their kids on ice from 12 to 18, parenting would be a lot simpler.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.
    This type of human is everything that is wrong with America, I'm not even going to write a detailed passage as such stupidity doesn't merit that. At age 16 he is legally allowed to make a child with another 16 year old. Why would it be wrong? Because he's just turned legal? Nah. How's this sound, you can't drink Alcohol until you're at least 24 because at 21 you've only just turned legal and you need to wait 3 years to be accepted by society, you're a sheep. Go take a nice green pill son, and keep the **** out of other peoples business and what age they decided to make their son. You're a ****ing stigma on society. No one gives you the right to judge anybody, you waste of life.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well said

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello, I'm 16 and my birthday is 03/09/94 and the girl is 23/9/96.
    I've gotten in trouble by my parents multiple times because they don't want me going to jail and they don't approve of the relationship. I really love her or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble. What should I do? My parents said next time I talk to her I'm being sent to a military school.

I live in PA
    Well 4 years later... How'd it work out?

Leave a comment:

• goddessoflubboc
    replied

I've read some of these posts and it's just funny.

First, if one of you is 14, the other 16 or thereabouts, odds are very good the older one is committing statutory rape (gender is irrelevant). That means they could go to prison and be labelled a sex offender the rest of their lives. That's a long time when you're only 16.

That said, I was once a teenager. My parents were stodgy, strict, 40 something's. I was quite sure they either didn't remember being teens, or they acted just the same as teens as my parents!

Now I'm a parent to 4 kids, only one teenager left. Turns out we do remember our teens, and some of us even thought we were in love a time or two. We also thought we knew better than our parents. As it turns out, parents know a thing or two, and we aren't trying to ruin your life - we are trying to keep you from ruining it.

Unfortunately by the time you figure that out, it will be too late.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X