Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok original poster listen to me and only me, do what your heart tells you not what Internet keyboard warriors do.do not engage in sex but stick to the law and if you truly love her then prove it without stereotypical "guys just want sex" opinion rolling into play

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      While I dislike responding to children on here, and wish this forum would filter who's an adult and who's not, you need to obey your parents. You may be growing up but you are not ready for a relationship. You are nowhere near old enough to even begin to know what a grown up relationship consists of.

If you wind up getting her pregnant, it will be one more teen produced, illegitimate child in the world who did not ask for such a stigma. It's not fair to the child.

She is entirely too young for dating or boyfriends. She is still a child in many ways. She's certainly too young for a sexual relationship, which you will (or may have already) pressure her into. If you want a girlfriend and you believe you're ready, date a girl your own age.

Your parents know what's best. Obey them or face military school. You won't be dating anyone there.
      I like how you just assume that he's gonna get te girl pregant. That's stupid! Honestly, if you lie her then it's not wrong. My boyfriend is 16 and I'm 14, and actually he hasn't pressured me into anything! He wants to wait. And if he loves her then he will wait for her. Having a kid is not that big of a chance. I say it's fine, it's only two years and if you guys are close and can be there for each other like a couple should , then your parents will just hae to put up with it, you have rights too.

Comment

Re: 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Many of the functionally illiterate who have posted here have missed the important point that, at 16, what the parents say goes.

If they do not wish for the 16 year old to have ANY type of relationship (sexual or not) with the 14 year old, they rule. If he fails to comply he has already been told what the outcome will be.

Likely a moot point as this orginal post is several years old.

Gail

Comment

Dating, per se, is NOT illegal with such an age difference. The problem here is that dating, more often than not, leads to activity of a sexual nature that's inevitable and unavoidable. When the relationship rises to that level, THAT is when it becomes illegal.

Most teenagers think that they are invincible, that bad things will never happen to them, and that they keep their actions and hormones under control. The problem with the adolescent body and mind is that it is also so very difficult to control. Things go very wrong very quickly, and before they know it, things happened that they neither expected, nor planned for.

An adult, while still not always in control, is expected to have a legal responsibility for the choices they make. It's a CHOICE for them to get involved with an underage sexual partner, and they often rely on the younger partner NOT to be able to control their emotions in order for them to be able to maintain their illicit relationship.

The laws are in place to protect those who are unable (or UNWILLING) to protect themselves.
          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Then please enlighten us, oh mature one. What exactly do you have to worry about that is so similar to actual adulthood?

Do you have to worry about whether you will pay for food or heat for your kids tonight?

Do you have to worry about who's going to take care of your kids if something should happen to you while they're still young?

Do you have to worry about which creditor gets paid first because you can't find work?

Do you have to worry about an aging loved one and their medical problems?

Do you have to worry about making a living and going back to college to earn a degree so that you can get that higher paying job that's open now, but it won't be available when you finally graduate?

What exactly do you have weighing heavily on your mind? Seriously. Who's supporting you? It certainly isn't you. Do you live on your own? Are all the bills in your name? You're not even legally able to enter into any of these types of contracts. You need a parent/guardian signature to even work or attend school.

Please. Spare us the "oh you don't know me, and I'm more mature than you" spiel. We've all heard it before. In fact, we've all heard it come out of our own mouths at one time; back when we too were young, dumb and full of c u m.
            Funny, That seems exactly like things teen parents worry about. If those are your examples of what mature people must worry about, then teen parents are mature as can be.

Comment

I have a younger sister who is 14 years old and dating a boy who is 16 and already had sex. Sometimes girls want to be their boyfriends every need and want you to stay with them. Me and my parents both talk to her since she has inappropriate talks with him,but she still does not listen. what this person is saying that even though you say that its not a sexual thing.You never know what happens. it comes unexpected that is what some teenage kids miss. Cause Once you hit that age of 16 years old and having sex with someone under aged then 16 that's where you will have a serious trouble. You could be charged with rape i know this because where i live i see it alot. So all i am trying to say is be careful. Cause it wont matter what the girl say that she was or was not pressured into sex. Her parents can take action and say it was rape and does not matter what she says. if she is under age of 16 then her parents have complete control.

Comment

No, there is nothing wrong with a 14 year old and a 16 year old dating. And if I said there was then I would be such a Hippocrate. Me and my boyfriend, though we have been complicated because of family issues. We lost our virginities to echothers last summer. Because we wanted it to be with eachother if it was anyone. We were (are) bestfriends since the start and told (tell)eachother everything. I lost mine 2 months after my 13th birthday and a few days before his 15th. And did he pressure me into anything. No he did not. That boy is one of the most mature people you will meet. And he proves that there is nothing wrong with an age gap. Because after all the **** me and him went through, and all the ****ing drama he still stood there for me. He would have never ****ing pressured me to have sex. He told me that if I wanted to that it was MY choice. Yes, he's the type of guy that will put a girl's thoughts before his own. He will go along with what the GIRL wants. We are still bestfriends to this day no matter how many arguments we get in. And guess what. I'm turning 14 and he's getting ready to turn 16. Yes, me and him are doing mature stuff for our age, but it's because me and him are ready for that. But it's not like we go and announce it to the world. Like Oh yeah we are gonna go have sex right now! No what happens with him and I, is personal between him and I. And yes, my parents do know I'm sexually active. But it's not like that's all us teens think about. Some of you people make it seem like that. But it's not. Him and I will vow not to try not to sometimes because we told eachother that we are not ready for a kid. We can be the innocent couple. And sometimes we like to be theinnocent couple. Because it's fun and we have the maturity to be innocent and to joke around. So there's nothing wrong with a God damn 2 year age gap. Damn! Pipe the **** down! You damn adults act like we don't have the same emotions and that we are just beings that have to follow every single damn rule! Well guess what my loves. EINSTEIN DROPPED OUTTA HIGHSCHOOL! And he was successful! Teen relationships don't ruin our lives! They help us! Whether they're innocent or not, they teach us ****ing life lessons so that when you get all that damn freedom once you're an adult that you don't go out senselessly into the world and waste it away. You only live once, why not date someone 2 years younger or older like damn! Two ****ing years! So scary!!!!! Yeah, I have a smartass mouth. Don't mean I'm not smart. People piss me off, they deal with the consequences! I know I don't act my age! But I have a successful life ahead of me because of the things I have achieved in life. So **** you adults. **** you. You think you make life better. You ****ing liars.

Comment

Unfortunately, your posting has shown that not only are you NOT another Einstein, you are simply yet another foul mouthed, illiterate young person who mistakenly assumes that filling a posting with profanity is, somehow, a sign of maturity. In reality, it is exactly the opposite.

Gail

Comment

I dont think its wrong. Im a 14 year old girl, dating a 16 year old boy. I told him when we first started talking that I was not going to do anything that I wasnt ready for. He completly supported me, and promised that he would not pressure me into anything. I explained that I wanted to wait until I was 18 to have sex, and even though he was already sexually active he promised to respect me and wait with me. Although my parents disaprove, we have been "dating" for ten months. I respect and love my parents, but I know that my love for him is real. I plan on telling them when I turn 15, and I know that if they give him a chance, there is no way they wont love him. Many adults reading this may believe that this is childish "infatuation", but when you love someone you know. You can feel it 24/7, it is the most beautiful, powerful feeling in the world. Love has no boundaries, and can overcome anything.

Comment

Little girl, your reality check has bounced. You parents need to deposit more reality into your life.

I dont think its wrong. Im a 14 year old girl, dating a 16 year old boy. I told him when we first started talking that I was not going to do anything that I wasnt ready for. He completly supported me, and promised that he would not pressure me into anything. I explained that I wanted to wait until I was 18 to have sex, and even though he was already sexually active he promised to respect me and wait with me. Although my parents disaprove, we have been "dating" for ten months. I respect and love my parents, but I know that my love for him is real. I plan on telling them when I turn 15, and I know that if they give him a chance, there is no way they wont love him. Many adults reading this may believe that this is childish "infatuation", but when you love someone you know. You can feel it 24/7, it is the most beautiful, powerful feeling in the world. Love has no boundaries, and can overcome anything.
                      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Little girl? You do not know my life or what I have been through. Dont condescend me because of my age.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
                          Little girl, your reality check has bounced. You parents need to deposit more reality into your life.
                          Little girl? You do not know my life or what I have been through. Dont condescend me because of my age.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;247827]A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE

umm excuse me? where the *uck do you get off telling this boy his child is a stigma.
                            you ignorant woman, you have absolutely no right saying this. people like you make me sick and one day your going to realize your not "smart" your a horrible person who's kids probably hate her. (if you found a guy that likes crazy ladys like you and stuck around long enough to help clean your cats) you had no right even mentioning his child, that's not what the subject was about. you make me sick and I hope you have trouble living with yourself.

Comment

While I dislike responding to children on here, and wish this forum would filter who's an adult and who's not, you need to obey your parents. You may be growing up but you are not ready for a relationship. You are nowhere near old enough to even begin to know what a grown up relationship consists of.

If you wind up getting her pregnant, it will be one more teen produced, illegitimate child in the world who did not ask for such a stigma. It's not fair to the child.

She is entirely too young for dating or boyfriends. She is still a child in many ways. She's certainly too young for a sexual relationship, which you will (or may have already) pressure her into. If you want a girlfriend and you believe you're ready, date a girl your own age.

Your parents know what's best. Obey them or face military school. You won't be dating anyone there.

Your just being a dick head mate

Comment

Okay. Firstly, I agree with the comment of doing what your parents say; if it's that sincere a threat I would seriously think about what you're doing here. What you also have to bear in mind, your parents threatened to send you away: WHAT?! How's that going to solve anything, it's not. On the other hand TALKING will, but I'm guessing from your message you've already tried that.

All of this is completely circumstantial as you know, which is why you get a variety of responses but out of all these answers, nobody knows her on this forum (and yourself) better than you do also, do you think your parents will actually kick you out?

If you love her, and she loves you (or he - sorry) then it's cool though some people will look down on that, but there will always be people like that in the world. There will be a maturity difference probably but it sounds like you love her and either side is never going to learn about proper relationships if you don't get in them.

If you sleep together, as mentioned all over here, that causes potential issues. You would be breaking the law if you slept together, or anything like that so that's something that you need to thing on.I t's a circumstantial thing again, so I'm not going to press an opinion on that.

I do however strongly disagree with the first line in the quote as it's a big contradiction. You want Children to learn, but it seems like you don't want to teach them. Now, yes that's a personal comment but not meant in an offensive way because different people will all have different understandings and maturity and it's good to share; that's what forums are for!

My answer in a nutshell: You seriously need to think about what you could face, and if it's worth it, go for it. Make decisions together and be honest; you'll never get anywhere if you're not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X