Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This all seems interesting but teenagers aren't going to listen to an adult that acts holier than thou and I have been dating my now fiancé for 4 years she was 14 I was 16 when we met and we still hold our "v-cards" and we will until marriage because not every teen is satans spawn and not every teen is addicted to sex. there's my opinion I will leave it here and I will leave so that everyone here that hates losing an argument will get pissed because no one will see you belligerent rambles

Comment

Re: 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Your parents are right. They are saying all this for your welfare. If you really want to be with the girl, be in touch with her and maintain a proper distance until you get eligible. If you truly love her, you must be knowing its not easy to be a lover and get your love . So bro maintain a distance , because your parents are giving you a right advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.
        I feel very strongly about this subject. I turn 15 in 3 days and my mom has always told me age doesn't matter so much as long as you're on th same maturity level

Comment

A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.
          Just because he said he had a child at 16 does not mean you get to judge the situation there could have been circumstances you don't know about and besides that a child cannot be blamed or called a "stigma on society" because of his parents mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by anony View Post
            I feel very strongly about this subject. I turn 15 in 3 days and my mom has always told me age doesn't matter so much as long as you're on th same maturity level
            Your "maturity level" doesn't matter if you are breaking the law. Sorry, but "my mommy said it was OK" isn't a valid defense, either.

It's NOT just society that disapproves of such age differences in sexual relationships. It's the LEGAL STATUTES, which trump any belief that it's OK to break the law if you don't agree with it.

If you disagree with how the law is written, then you need to take that up with your legislators. (Of course, you would have to wait until you are of voting age before you can do that.) Until then, neither ignorance of the law, or pure disobedience if you don't agree with it, would be legally effective excuses for violating the law in this respect.

And remember that parents who break the law and fail to protect their children by turning a blind eye or encouraging them to do so can also face stiff civil penalties themselves.
            "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
            "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
            "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

You know what it doesn't matter how old you are my friend is 16 and she's dating a 26 year old they're engaged and plan on moving in with each other around Christmas! Age should never matter in a relationship and as long as you are happy there sould be no problem! Yes sure your parents are going to worry for you its natural but they will realise that you are responsible for your own actions and I do understand that they are only trying to do what's best for you but its what you think that really matters!

Comment

when i was 14, i had a 16 year old boyfriend and has never brought up sex.

we're now married.

Comment

Hello, I'm 16 and my birthday is 03/09/94 and the girl is 23/9/96.
                  I've gotten in trouble by my parents multiple times because they don't want me going to jail and they don't approve of the relationship. I really love her or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble. What should I do? My parents said next time I talk to her I'm being sent to a military school.

I live in PA
                  To be honest I'm 13 (28/10/1998)an my bf is 15 (28/10/1996) an it just depends on the person some boys are mature an so are us girls we will say no to sex its what we are been taught now, an tbh its our choice who we date not any others so ye its not a bad thing as long as you love her

Comment

Everyone here is an idiot both adults and teenagers(mostly adults) so argue about that

Comment

If a 16-year old boy wants to date a 14-year old girl, the first people he ought to ask for advice are her parents -- starting with her father.

No 14-year old girl should be 'dating.' A 14-year old is a child, should be focusing on her school work and future goals and social activities should be in groups -- not one on one romantic dating. If the girl were my daughter I would say, "NO!" and "Go find a girl your age!"

Comment

Hello, I'm 16 and my birthday is 03/09/94 and the girl is 23/9/96.
                        I've gotten in trouble by my parents multiple times because they don't want me going to jail and they don't approve of the relationship. I really love her or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble. What should I do? My parents said next time I talk to her I'm being sent to a military school.

I live in PA
                        You cant put in age on love Im 14 My dued is 17 and i cant see him but wen i can i will it dosnt make u sick u just cant help who you love are we guilty because we cant control our feelings aw ok so love her with your heart i hpe one day u make her your Mrs. Im in Memphis TN

Comment

No, it's neither wrong nor illegal, despite what some people on here say. It's illegal to have a SEXUAL relationship with this female, but besides that, it's perfectly legal and everyone is overreacting, judging teenage males through the ****ed up stereotypes that were created.

And to whoever claimed it would constitute as "statutory rape" should get their bloody facts straight; or at least recognize the definition of rape.

Comment

Adults u need to wake up u guys also go for younger girls or boys an **** them n get cot n some even get pregnent

Comment

its not illegal til ur 18 but I wud jst do watever my parents say jsy not to get sent to military school

Comment

I think this boy need a Baby Sitting as i can see how ruined he is !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X