Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I found that comment very immature for such a "mature" adult to write. Please don't act as If you know me. I have alot more to worry about than you think I do. Things that some adults would struggle with. I was just simply sharing my experience on this topic. I know it's more about the legal side of it, but come on he's not gonna get done unless someone grasses? And no one does that. The worst thing anyone could do when they know something is grass, because they will get so much stick for it. You say "love" as if I don't know what it is? My mum and my dad got together when my mum was fourteen, and there still together. Their married, two kids, nice house? If they didn't love eachother then that wouldn't have happened, there is not an age on emotion, it simply depends on the person, I think this person who posted his problem in the first place should pay no attention to anyone else and do what he feels is best.
    Then please enlighten us, oh mature one. What exactly do you have to worry about that is so similar to actual adulthood?

Do you have to worry about whether you will pay for food or heat for your kids tonight?

Do you have to worry about who's going to take care of your kids if something should happen to you while they're still young?

Do you have to worry about which creditor gets paid first because you can't find work?

Do you have to worry about an aging loved one and their medical problems?

Do you have to worry about making a living and going back to college to earn a degree so that you can get that higher paying job that's open now, but it won't be available when you finally graduate?

What exactly do you have weighing heavily on your mind? Seriously. Who's supporting you? It certainly isn't you. Do you live on your own? Are all the bills in your name? You're not even legally able to enter into any of these types of contracts. You need a parent/guardian signature to even work or attend school.

Please. Spare us the "oh you don't know me, and I'm more mature than you" spiel. We've all heard it before. In fact, we've all heard it come out of our own mouths at one time; back when we too were young, dumb and full of c u m.

Comment

No I know I don't have that to worry about I have that to look forward to. I worry everyday that someone else is going to go to the same place on my estate and hang themselves where my 18 year old uncle did, I have to walk past his room and see his bed everyday. And listen and see all the things on Facebook of how much everyone loved him and was so close to him when the fact was no one cared. I have to worry about eating egg on toast everyday until my dad gets some work. And I have to worry about that knowing I can't do anything to help. I even tried to get a job at a chippy. And who says I need parent permission to go to school? I live in England it's the law to go to school oh smart one. Why are you even on the Internet causing a debate with a 14 year old girl if you have all that stuff to worry about...

Comment

And I didn't even see that part... Full of cum!? I'm not a slag. Me and my boyfriend never even see eachother anymore because I respect my parents. Were waiting till we tell them about us, if you were like that then I'm not surprised that it's hard for you to provide for your kids.

Comment

So many interesting views and opinions. Your parents only have your best interests at heart and don't want any harm to come to you, you are brave and sound intelligent in making your feelings known. You have your entire life ahead of you, there are so many other ways to spend you time at your age. I would like to suggest that if you are considering going against what your parents have advised, don't! When you do become of age and are attracted to or dating someone a bit older than yourself, then that would be your decision and no one would be able to tell you what to do. Wait until you are of age to become involved intimately with someone you really care for. There are always consequences to our actions, think before you act, and when in doubt, do nothing. Best of luck to you.

Comment

No I know I don't have that to worry about I have that to look forward to. I worry everyday that someone else is going to go to the same place on my estate and hang themselves where my 18 year old uncle did, I have to walk past his room and see his bed everyday. And listen and see all the things on Facebook of how much everyone loved him and was so close to him when the fact was no one cared. I have to worry about eating egg on toast everyday until my dad gets some work. And I have to worry about that knowing I can't do anything to help. I even tried to get a job at a chippy. And who says I need parent permission to go to school? I live in England it's the law to go to school oh smart one. Why are you even on the Internet causing a debate with a 14 year old girl if you have all that stuff to worry about...
            "Causing" a debate? Nobody is forcing you to reply are they?

Why is a 14 year old girl on an adult forum in the first place, especially if you have so much "stuff" to worry about"?

Comment

A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.

i completely disagree with this it's the adults who think we teens don't "have a clue". You probably don't even know what "comically ironic" means and are just saying that to look smart. it's not ironic at all. And we don't think that we know everything, we all know that there are things we don't understand that we will when we're older. you adults are the ones who think you know everything. And NO child is a "stigma to society" no matter how or whom they where born. Now, I don't approve of sex relationship involving anyone under 16, I think people should be at least 18 before engaging in sex. And another thing, just because he's a father at the age of 16 doesn't mean he would pressure his 14 year old girlfriend into sex, fact is he might not even after she's 18. Adults seam to think that all teens are always thinking about sex when that is not true.

Comment

I think for minors there's nothing wrong with a little 2 year age gap.

Comment

i completely disagree with this it's the adults who think we teens don't "have a clue". You probably don't even know what "comically ironic" means and are just saying that to look smart. it's not ironic at all. And we don't think that we know everything, we all know that there are things we don't understand that we will when we're older. you adults are the ones who think you know everything. And NO child is a "stigma to society" no matter how or whom they where born. Now, I don't approve of sex relationship involving anyone under 16, I think people should be at least 18 before engaging in sex. And another thing, just because he's a father at the age of 16 doesn't mean he would pressure his 14 year old girlfriend into sex, fact is he might not even after she's 18. Adults seam to think that all teens are always thinking about sex when that is not true.
                  Not only do I know what it means, I also know how to spell seem correctly when used in the correct context. For example, "Adults seem to think that all teens are always ..."

If you don't understand what "comically ironic" means, just say so. You could also just look it up. It's not an uncommon phrase.

Yes, children are very much a stigma to society, but it's mentalities like yours that are leading our society to more and more careless, reckless and slovenly self obsession. We don't think about these children. We think only of ourselves. Don't you want to know where you came from? Don't you want to be part of a unified family?

Children these days don't even know where they came from. Some sit in classrooms and they don't even know their own half brother or sister is in the same classroom with them. Some will get together and not even know they're biologically related. They have no true sense of family and no true sense of belonging to one. Of course, to you, that's perfectly acceptable because you have never known better.

A 16 year old male who already has one child will - indeed - pressure a 14 year old to have sex. Anyone who even for a minute believes otherwise is even more naive and ignorant than suspected.

Here's a free human development lesson for you: juveniles are going through puberty. Hormones are raging and independence from parents is at an all time high. Teenagers do - very much - have sex on the brain. That's why they go through puberty. Perhaps you could take a course in high school or ask your parents to explain it to you.

It saddens and frightens me that your type of mentality is what we - as a society - have to look forward to.

Comment

Clearly, you are either a teenager or a adult suffering from a serious case of arrested development.

It's also clear you were not born into a generation where it was taboo to be a child sitting in a classroom the product of unwed parents or the child of divorce.

Illegitimacy is - indeed - a stigma on how far we had come as a society and if you have any desire whatsoever for higher learning - to expand your thought process for just a tad - you might want to learn a little bit about history, human behavior, sociology.

Teenagers having babies is a financial drain on society as a whole. Once you get out into the real world and start paying taxes - and get educated on our tax & welfare systems, you'll be in a better position to spout your opinion.

My taxes help to pay for the support of "Nancy" down the street who deliberately has children by different men out of wedlock. My tax money goes toward supporting her 4 children who all have different fathers.

She's well aware that she's not made the choice to marry at least one of the fathers so that she does not need welfare, but she chooses to have children out of wedlock with men she has no intention of marrying because she's aware that the courts and the government support her financially for doing so.

Her first child was born when she was just 16 years old. At that time she was a legal minor herself - still a child herself - and now she's created more burden for her parents and society by having a child at such a young age. She had to drop out of school and once she recruited the help of her family (back in the day parents had to pay for babysitting but now teens have built-in free babysitters) she went back to school to get her G.E.D. Guess who paid for that? Taxpayers.

I could go on but am inclined to believe any evidence that doesn't support your incredibly naive, self serving opinion would be dismissed.

The only selfish, misinformed opinion I see is yours.
                    Ok, a baby is a baby no matter were it came from its not a abomination because its mother is 15 and it's father is 16 I actually think its a kind of a good thing because if the father is truly caring and really loves his baby and his girl friend he would get a job to help support them while going to school and getting a education. Then from the fathers example the baby will learn that it must work hard to achieve what it wants I'm 14 and I'm going out with a girl that's 14 also and I know neither of us are ready for sex so We don't talk about it. And by the way if you took a basic science class you would understand that between the ages of 12 and 17 the human brain goes through its second larggest growth spurt, and this is considered the rebellious phase and that is why MOST kids grow restless of sitting in the house and want to become adults.

Comment

Ok, a baby is a baby no matter were it came from its not a abomination because its mother is 15 and it's father is 16 I actually think its a kind of a good thing because if the father is truly caring and really loves his baby and his girl friend he would get a job to help support them while going to school and getting a education. Then from the fathers example the baby will learn that it must work hard to achieve what it wants I'm 14 and I'm going out with a girl that's 14 also and I know neither of us are ready for sex so We don't talk about it. And by the way if you took a basic science class you would understand that between the ages of 12 and 17 the human brain goes through its second larggest growth spurt, and this is considered the rebellious phase and that is why MOST kids grow restless of sitting in the house and want to become adults.
                      Ah, the arrogance of youth. I remember when I was that stupid, yet thought I knew more than the adults did.

It's good to know that you've finally been taught something in school. Of course we all know that the onset of puberty signals in humans the desire to "leave the nest". That's not the issue, however. The issue is the legality of them leaving the nest.

Unfortunately for all parents living in civilized societies, the law mandates these juveniles are still "children" and as such, they are minors. This means they don't have the same rights or responsibilities adults have.

It's never a "good thing" when a child is born illegitimately (especially to teenage parents!). While you may not have been born in a generation where the concept of family and a sense of belonging holds any value to you, there are many children who do value it.

I can guarantee that if you print out your words on a piece of paper, put it away for safekeeping, and they dig it out and read it in roughly 15 years, you will get a big laugh at your own expense. You will find you've matured so very much since you wrote it.

Comment

I take your opinions rather offensively. My father was 17, my mother 16, when they wanted a baby, he turned 18 and left. Am i a stigma to society? I had no say in the matter and lived 6 years with no one to call my father. I am now 16 and am dating a 14 year old, please tell me good sir, am I the same as my father?

Comment

Nor is it wrong or illegal. To be honest, whoever posted that ridiculously selfish comment is the one who's in need of growing up. It angers me when someone is so forward with their opinion when they know little or nothing about the situation. He/she needs to consider and accept the fact that teenage sex does take place, and cautions are being taken by many of them. Saying that a baby made as a result of teenage sex is a "stigma upon society" is just completely wrong and disgusting. It is still a human being, that was made by 2 able-bodied people, regardless of their age.

I'm aware that every one has a right to their own opinion, but you are clearly so misinformed. You need to get over the fact that teenagers are young adults and have sexual hormones and a sexual urge. What i dont agree with is for example, a 30 year old dating a minor. When it is as little as a 2 year gap, it is perfectly acceptable. Schools enroll in teaching about contraception and various other things to prevent teenage pregnancy from taking place. Clinics offer contraception to teenage girls. Teenagers in general should NOT be stereotyped as "dumb, hormonal, sex searching animals" because a fair few of them do take precautions, and are responsible enough to deal with these "issues"
                          Good ****ing day.
                          Well done old chap 100% agree with you

Comment

I am dating a 16 year old and we have no intention on having an intimate relationship. There's no need at all to be stereotypical towards teenagers. I guarantee around 98% of teens actually care about education and getting high grades for them to succeed in life and know that it is not right for having sexual realtionships at there age,whilst also knowing the consequences. Teenagers are not sex driven,unworthless people who create 'Stigmas' as you have been saying. Also may i add that is not the right term to use,seen as you are acting like a highly intelligent adult who seems to know everything,and will not take any views or opinions into account. You are a very judgmental and stereotypical person. Agreeing with other responses to the original question, I do think it is right and okay to be having a relationship as long as its not all about having sex, but enjoying eachothers company.
                            Thankyou and Goodbye.

Comment

A truly mature teenager would have the capacity to understand the legalities involved when speaking on this topic. That these teenagers cannot fathom that proves they are not as mature as they think they are.

Of course, once we're adults for any real length of time, we look back on our thoughts, points of views, opinions and feelings as teenager and realize how rigid and underdeveloped out emotions really are.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with maturity. It has everything to do with legalities involved. Once the teenager is able to comprehend that very crucial detail, then they can wax mature about topics like this one.

Trust me, little girl. There are far more worrisome things to think about than the puppy love of a teenage mind. You have literally nothing else on your mind to worry about other than friends, grades and "love". You don't have the first clue what the real world is all about.

Mark my words, you'll look back on your teenage angst one day and feel silly for believing you were so "mature", when all you had on your mind was your hat.
                              Dude you have no idea what being a teenager is these days like seriously adults are ancient no longer a teenager this isn't the ****in 70's no more. teenagers today are different and actually like people younger then them do let it be man. You probably don't give a **** because when you were a teenager no one probably liked you at all. So you don't know what love is cause you never were in love. Your just a pathetic old ass man/woman who enjoys arguing teens over the dumbest things so in my case I'll say your the immature one. Enjoy the rest of your wrinkley ass life.
                              Peace

Comment

I personly am appalled. 16 and 14? It does not matter. I am appalled because of the rude, ignorant, and just plain idiotic comments that have been posted. You sir are wrong. Children are not the same as they were in the 70's. They have learne and evolved to suit this world. You on the other hand are an simplistic, sadistic idiot who judges children on their feelings. Did the topic of the forum say "I'm 16 she's 14 and I'm a crazed teenager who wants to have sex with every female that crosses my path?" No indeed it does not. Clean up your act. No child is a mistake. They are gifts. I am the "product" of a divorced family. Do I feel that I do not know family values? Because I grew up in a split world I know family values are important. They are what my family is supported on. The most important family value is love. Unconditional love. Love for every child of every race, no matter where they come from.

I am the product of a divorced family. Yet I am content.

One thing I am not okay with is bullying.

That sir is what you are doing. C-y-b-e-r B-u-l-l-y-i-n-g.

Go and leave the kids be. I don't imagine they could do anything to be as messed up as you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X