Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breach of confidential information

i was with my partner for 8yrs then out of the blue he finished our relationship via text message in sept 09, the shock of it gave me a heart attack and i was in hospital for a month or so ,i am still unfit to go back to work because of the stress it has caused me (however we kept on texting each other till dec09 as he said he still wanted me but only for a good time),i then blocked his number from my phone before i did i requested from him that i wanted all my personal things and my furniture that i had provided back ,i had no response to that i did not contact him at all after i had blocked his number and was concentrating on getting my life back together .untill february 12th, i recieved a phone call from his new partner threatening me saying i was pestering him and that i have to leave him alone i then got a barrage of insults and name calling i also recieved text messages too she told me that he had told her all about the confidential information that was only between him and me which was very very personal when i refused to talk to her i ended up calling o2 and having her number barred however i feel that he has breached confidentialty and will not even give my things back (which she said they have put in the rubbish bin) is there anything that i can do for the injustice and the insults and lies also the pain and stress of all this and the fact he has given out my phone number without my permission?

Re: breach of confidential information

Breach of confidentiality exists usually within business related matters, and not personal relations matters.

This is widely because when people get together and form a relationship, they tell each other things. Unless, beforehand, you sit your partner down and have him sign some sort of notarized document that anything you tell him is considered confidential (this his HIGHLY unlikely given the nature of the relationship), there is no breach of such confidentiality.

You can keep a log, a record, and a file pertaining to the barrage of text messages, voice mails, and emails (if that applies), and take them to court to show a judge how you are being harassed. You can petition the court of a Protection From Harassment against either party or both. If either have threatened your life, or threatened bodily harm, you can petition for a Protection from Abuse order.

He does not need permission to give your phone number out. Phone numbers (unless blocked) are public information and anyone can retrieve them if only they look hard enough. Even blocked numbers aren't privy to being given out without permission. If you gave someone your private phone number and they give it to someone else, the law cannot do anything to stop that. If you had a case on that count, there would be no telemarketers in existence, annoying the holy hell out of people.

But, sorry, you have no case for breach of confidential information.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X