Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay feedback libel claim

I recently engaged in an unfortunate battle with an ebay seller who sold me an item that was clearly not in the new condition in which it was described. Although I sent many pictures which showed the condition of the item, the seller never conceded that it was not as advertised and provided an address to which the item could be returned. Before doing so, I requested that the terms of the refund be stated (amount to be returned and date by which I would be refunded) as I had seen in previous feedback that other returns had resulted in non-payment from the seller. The seller instantly replied that I was "entitled to NO REFUND" and severed future contact. I ended up settling through ebay and was issued a refund through their system.

I was fine with this arrangement. However, when I left negative feedback for the seller stating that I had been sold a used product and that he had refused a refund, the seller contacted me demanding that I remove the feedback within 72 hours or he would sue me for libel. As "proof" he then proceeded to forward me the messages in which he provided an address for a return but had not given any indication of actually providing a monetary refund.

What are my rights in this situation? The smart side of me says I should just forget it and remove the feedback rather than get further embroiled in an argument with a litigious person with few scruples. (I did see a libel case with more or less the same situation in the UK in 2008 in which the court sided with the seller.) But the stubborn side of me says that this is ridiculous to be quieted in the only legitimate outlet for warning other buyers of this seller. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Re: ebay feedback libel claim

I wish to inform you that the Feedback on eBay is subject to Feedback Policy of eBay as given on their Website. In this matter, the Feedback Revision has been requested by the seller to the buyer. The Feedback revision can be requested by the seller from the buyer once the problem with the transaction has been resolved. You have been issued a refund by eBay and the matter has been resolved. Now, if you refuse to revise the Feedback seller can request eBay in the matter. eBay will review the matter and if it contains offensive language or the membership of the buyer is suspended, it may remove the Feedback.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X