Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with Ex husband: Got married in Canada (we're both Canadian)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Ex husband: Got married in Canada (we're both Canadian)

Not sure who to ask. Hoping for anybody's advice....
    I'll keep it in point form to make it easier to read...
    • Got married in Canada (we're both Canadian)
    • Moved to Florida where husband got job(sponsored) and gave birth to a beautiful daughter
    • He cheated, I moved back to canada...currently going through divorce proceedings
    • Now, house deed is under MY name but mortgage is under his ONLY!
    • He signed, in the divorce that he will assume all responsibility for mortgage payments
    • However, he stopped making payments on the house soon after he signed the divorce papers and now is telling me that I might be served papers because the deed is under MY name!
    • Spoke to a lawyer in canada, she said she has no idea if bank is allowed to seize my salary, 401k or any of my belongings.
    • He still pays me child support but he's telling me that if the bank seizes his salary, his payments won't be made.

Can they serve me papers up here in canada? Am I responsible for the mortgage because the deed is under my name? Can they seize my salary? 401k? Savings? Is the amount of money, given to me monthly for child support, affected by the foreclosure? What type of lawyer deals with this type of issue?

Please help...
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X