Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Tub Ownership Dispute

We hired an employee as an assistant manager on a 90 day probationary period in June. In August, his partner was hired at another business in town and they relocated to our on-site managers apartment (we are a hotel management company.) They owned a hot tub at their home and offered it to us for our vacation rental if we paid the moving costs, which were approx. $800. We paid the costs and it was moved to the vacation rental home. After extending his probationary period, it was determined he was not a good fit and we did not hire him. He and his partner moved out of the apartment 2 weeks later. Last week I recieved an email from him demanding that we have the hot tub moved to his new residence by February 28th or he would take us to small claims court. We would have never paid the costs of moving the tub if we were merely 'borrowing' it as he indicated in his email. We had a verbal agreement that we would retain the hot tub. He gave us all of the paperwork for the tub, and I have emails between him and our owner where he was thanked for his generous offer and he stated that it would be a great addition to the rental. What do I do?

Re: Hot Tub Ownership Dispute

I wish to inform you that you had a verbal agreement with the Assistant Manager. In this, the verbal agreement is a valid agreement. This transaction was done by free will by the Assistant Manager. Your company has also spent $800 on the hot tub. As the agreement is valid, therefore, the person now cannot demand back the hot tub. Further, the emails exchanged between your Owner and the Assistant Manager can be used to corroborate the circumstances. You can send a letter to the Assistant Manager that as the hot tub was given to you under the agreement, therefore, now he cannot have the hot tub back.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X