Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-boyfriend owes me $4,000

Ex-bf asked via a text to use my credit card. He charged $3,998.24. Promised to pay off as soon as possible and make monthly payments until able to pay it off. He has not made a single payment. I have 9 text messages that imply or promise that he will be making a payment, and have had 2 verbal conversations. What legal right do I have to recover these funds, and can our text messages be used as proof? $2,000 of the balance was in cash advance withdrawls from ATM machines. I have copies of the transactions for the other $2,000 that I requested from the credit card company. This month will be the 3rd month that I will have to make the minimum payment.

Re: Ex-boyfriend owes me $4,000

In this I wish to inform you that text messages may be used to corroborate your view point. Further, if you are having a recording of your verbal discussion then the same can also be presented in court to show that your ex-bf has to pay you money. Further, in USA verbal agreements are valid and can therefore be enforced. Your agreement will come under verbal agreement. Court will look into all aspects as to the fact that your ex-bf took money from you and also his promise to pay you. Therefore, in this you will have to show that you have allowed your ex-bf to use your credit card only on the hope that the whole amount of $3998.24 will be returned back to you.

AFF

Comment

Thank you SO much for the response!

Comment

Has he paid any money on it whatsoever? That alone could get your your judgment in small claims court.

Yes, the text messages stating he acknowledged it was he who charged and used the money and that he was aware of his obligation to pay you back will suffice in court.

Comment

I am sooooo glad I saw this thread. I just posted a question that is almost the same situation. I need mine!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X