Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal for a police officer to come into your place of employment to slander you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal for a police officer to come into your place of employment to slander you

Is it legal for a police officer to come into your place of employment to slander your name and harass you?
    This is my story;

So i use to have a drug problem 4 yrs. ago and i received a few felony charges for the incidents involving my drug abuse. I am now clean and have been since December 23,2006. I now attend college for criminal justice in hope to work with teens who have drug and alcohol issues similar to my own. I have been employed since my release from rehab "which is a huge accomplishment after getting six felonies". I have been there almost 3 yrs. I have recently went to another town to assist in their restaurant due to them being short handed. A cop who is familiar with my name noticed my vehicle out front and parked across the street. He then followed me when i left on delivery. Then he turned off went back to the store and went in to engage in telling the manager and employee that he feared for their safety due to my background and prior record. No he did not order any food and no he was never called there . Is this behavior justified? Or was it called for? And what is your thoughts on a possible lawsuit including harassment, slandering and defamation of character?

Re: Is it legal for a police officer to come into your place of employment to slander

It is not illegal if he stated only facts, but it is certainly questionable ethically...You may want to first file a complaint with the chief of the dept -- The heads of the dept's are required to investigate these kinds of problems and normally will do so--file directly with him or her and do so in writing...if that does not work, let us know.

Comment

Re: Is it legal for a police officer to come into your place of employment to slander

Ok maybe it is legal if he only states the facts. However, does me being a felon forfeit my rights as a human being? The main question again is, Does he (the officer) without probable cause, have the authority to go to my work to just make my life complicated? Was his appearance at my employment justified when he had no probable cause to be there except for the sole purpose of harassment and to incriminate my character?

Comment

A police officer, of all professionals, should know better than to do something like that. What he did was grossly unprofessional.

If you can get witnesses to admit it, you must file a complaint with his superior officer. His superior must know the actions, behavior, and conduct of the officers he supervises, as their actions end up on his shoulders ultimately.

Yes, what he did is considered harassment, and as such, you may go to your local district court and file a Protection from Harassment order against him. Absolutely no, his presence was not justified.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X