USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you drop a protection order against your boyfriend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you drop a protection order against your boyfriend?

hi
    first off i wanted to know if you was giving a protection order against your boyfriend can you drop?
    and second how can you go by it?

in 2006 me and my byfriend got into a fight and it end up bad. i end up i the hospital and he end up in jail for assault and he got 6 yrs. and after he was charged i receive a protection order i the mail till like 2032 (something like that)But i still love him and i want to drop the protction order that i didnt ask for. i want to be able to go see him upstate and even thinking about marrying him. howcan i go by it and can it be done.

re: Can you drop a protection order against your boyfriend?

Hi: You may try speaking to the DA, or going back to court. They have the right to continue to pursue the case and keep the order on their own (even if you don't want them to) but if they feel this was a one-time incident and will never happen again--they may let you drop it. They want to make sure no abuse is continuing once you two are back together.

Comment

what if they feel like it will happen again. can they prevent me from dropping the order protection?

Comment

i was wondering, if things worked out for you? as far as getting the order of protection dropped?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X