Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 501(c)3 animal shelter - Georgia

Can a 501(c)3 animal shelter/rescue corporation use grants and donation to purchase property suitable for such fostering as is carried out under the corporation's mission statement and then make the existing residence on the property available to qualified fosters? If the fosters using the residence are board members, could the 501(c)3 rent the residence to said board members for the purpose of sheltering and fostering rescued animals?

I am located in Houston County, GA. Thank you for your help.

re: 501(c)3 animal shelter - Georgia

I wish to inform you that non profit can perform those functions which further the purposes of the organization. In this regard if residence has been provided to person who are involved in day to day functioning then it may be justified on the ground that person staying can take care of animals. Further such a resolution may be passed by members of non profit in a meeting so that there is no objection at a later stage.

AFF

Comment

Re: 501(c)3 animal shelter - Georgia

Thank you very much. That is most helpful.

Comment

I disagree. A non profit cannot engage in business such that it benefits the officers personally. This would violate your tax exempt status. Doing this must be counted as a benefit and the officers must be taxed appropriately.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
          I disagree. A non profit cannot engage in business such that it benefits the officers personally. This would violate your tax exempt status. Doing this must be counted as a benefit and the officers must be taxed appropriately.
          What would the appropriate tax? Or would you suggest having a rental/lease arrangement at a fair market rate? Thanks for your help.

Comment

A rental/lease at fair market rate would be appropriate.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Feel free to not respond if you feel this question is inappropriate; no offense will be taken. What are you Major Obvious Of? Just curious.

Comment

ROFL Have you ever heard the saying "Not to be Captain Obvious"?

Originally posted by Milton Goldin View Post
                Feel free to not respond if you feel this question is inappropriate; no offense will be taken. What are you Major Obvious Of? Just curious.

Comment

ROFL Have you ever heard the saying "Not to be Captain Obvious"?
                  Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm ...........No??????????? I should have just "Googled" it. But that wouldn't have been much fun, would it??????

Comment

Captain Obvious - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

I am sure my fellow member on this and other forums would attest to my heroic abilities. You should also read the poem entitled The Disagreeable Man, by W.S. Gilbert.
                    Originally posted by Milton Goldin View Post
                    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm ...........No??????????? I should have just "Googled" it. But that wouldn't have been much fun, would it??????

Comment

Captain Obvious - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

I am sure my fellow member on this and other forums would attest to my heroic abilities. You should also read the poem entitled The Disagreeable Man, by W.S. Gilbert.
                      Thank you for the info/links. As with most things, learning is the essence of responsible existence. Gilbert is absolutely correct.

Comment

AFFA you are completely right about that ...i agree with you
                        http://www.soran.edu.iq

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
                        X