USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

University of Idaho College of Law (Full ABA)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • University of Idaho College of Law (Full ABA)

    Idaho (Moscow) -- University of Idaho College of Law -- Accreditation: Full ABA -- Year Founded: 1909
    Welcome to our discussion forum!

  • #2
    Re: University of Idaho College of Law (Full ABA)

    The University of Idaho College of Law is the law school of the University of Idaho, with its main campus in Moscow and a third-year program in Boise. The College of Law was established in 1909 and is the only law school located in the state of Idaho. It has been a member of the Association of American Law Schools since 1914 and has been accredited by the American Bar Association since 1925. The US News & World Report ranks Idaho in the Third Tier (top 150 out of approximately 200 accredited law schools) in its annual law school rankings.

    The College of Law in 2009-10 had an enrollment of around 310 students, with an entering first-year class of roughly 110 students. As a public law school, it had approximately 60 percent of students come from Idaho, and the remaining 40 percent came from over 24 states and foreign countries. Over 70 undergraduate colleges and universities were represented. Minorities comprised 12.1 percent and women comprised 40.1 percent of students.

    Degree programs

    The College of Law offers the Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree and also takes part in several joint degree programs:
    J.D./M.S./Ph.D in Water Resources Management offered as part of the Waters of the West initiative in cooperation with the UICollege of Natural Resources and other colleges at the university.

    J.D./M.S. in environmental science degree in cooperation with the College of Graduate Studies Environmental Science Program.

    J.D./Master of Accounting degree in cooperation with the UI College of Business and Economics or in cooperation with the College of Business at Boise State University. A concurrent law and Master of Business Administration degree in cooperation with BSU is also being developed.


    The curriculum is based on traditional law courses and includes pro bono work (law-related public service), several legal clinics, externships with either federal or state courts, internships with private law firms or public organizations, and a semester-in-practice program offered, in addition to the third-year program, in the state capital, Boise. The curriculum is comprehensive; it includes emphases in Natural Resources & Environmental Law and in Native American Law, with developing emphases in Litigation & Dispute Resolution and in Business Law & Entrepreneurism.

    Admissions and Application

    What do I need to apply to law school?

    You must have:
    • a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university (by the beginning of the term for which you're applying),
    • an LSAT score, and
    • a Credential Assembly Service (CAS) account.

    You may complete an application before taking the LSAT. However, your file will not be reviewed until we receive your CAS report. You can register for both the LSAT and CAS on the Law School Admissions Council website, It is the applicant's respoonsibilty to make sure that all materials needed to complete his or her CAS report received by LSAC's CAS in a timely manner.

    When should I apply?

    Applications are available starting the October before the semester for which you are applying (e.g. October 2009 for entering fall 2010). The Admissions Committee begins meeting and making decisions as early as December. Applications received by February 15th are considered timely, which means that you should get a decision by early April. No application will be reviewed until it is complete. All applicants will receive a "Complete Notification E-mail" when their application is complete and ready for Admissions Committee review.


    Admissions - Contact

    Carole Wells, J.D.
    Interim Director of Admissions
    College of Law
    University of Idaho
    P.O. Box 442321
    Moscow, Idaho 83844-2321
    Phone: (208) 885-2300
    Fax: (208) 885-5709
    [email protected]


    • #3
      Re: University of Idaho College of Law (Full ABA)

      This is well know University to make the carrier in legal field.


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.