Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will students and graduates of law school during the covid19 period be viewed less favorably by employers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will students and graduates of law school during the covid19 period be viewed less favorably by employers?

Will law students that attend law school remotely because of coronavirus be treated the same when it comes time for hiring?

Or will the major law firms think of these students as different or inferior somehow.
    Because almost everybody seems to think the quality of remote learning is at least a little less than having full on campus socialization and education.

I cannot decide whether to take a deferred entrance or go ahead now. Obviously I have a lot of money at stake in paying for school.

That is hard to say but if you finish the degree at a good school it's hard to see how it will be huge problem because the entire class will be in the same boat.
    For a year or two education is going to be a little different.

And there are many indicators to prove your overall ability to be a good lawyer. Law firms may have to look a little harder at the overall record during this period, just as law schools are doing as well.

Comment

I think a lot of students will not attend if the campus is not open. They will ask for deferrals for a one year or take some other steps.
      I am not spending 60K to take an online course that anybody could take.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I think a lot of students will not attend if the campus is not open. They will ask for deferrals for a one year or take some other steps.
        I am not spending 60K to take an online course that anybody could take.
        I agree 100% and prices will have to come down as well if it's basically online. By a substantial amount.

Comment

Frankly I would defer one year. This year wont be great. No matter how much the law schools try.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)