Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Sierra Law School (Rule XIX)

California (San Diego) -- Western Sierra Law School -- Accreditation: Rule XIX -- Year Founded: 1979
    Welcome to our discussion forum!

Re: Western Sierra Law School (Rule XIX)

Western Sierra Law School is a private, independent and non-sectarian postsecondary degree granting institution located in the city of San Diego, California. The school has full institutional approval by the State of California Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.

The school is also registered with the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California, but is not ABA or CBE accredited. Students at this institution must take and pass the "Baby Bar" after the first year of law study. Failure of the "Baby Bar" can result in student ineligibility to take more advanced law courses or take the State Bar Examination. Graduates of the school will meet the legal education qualifications for taking the final California Bar Examination and upon passing may be licensed to practice Law in the State of California.

About WSLS

Western Sierra Law School was founded in 1979. Its purpose is to provide a traditional program of quality in the study of law for individuals whose professional goals require competency in Anglo-American Jurisprudence.

Our campus is located at 8575 Gibbs Dr., Suite #150, San Diego, CA 92123.
    Conveniently located in central San Diego, WSLS is only minutes away from the Edward J. Schwartz U.S. Courthouse, City Hall, the San Diego County Law Library, the San Diego County Courthouse, and the San Diego Superior courts among others. The Juris Doctor program is designed to accommodate mature established residents who find it necessary to support themselves or family by working days; must commute long distances for similar education; or find the cost of comparable education unaffordable. Western Sierra has offered its J.D. program as an affordable alternative to the current high cost in obtaining a legal education.

The school has sought to attain these ends by quality adjunct faculty teaching small classes in a comprehensive course of study using the best available materials. This has been done on a part-time basis with students attending two or three evenings each week. The first year core curriculum has been uniquely scheduled whereby students attend two evening classes per week for ten weeks, completing the substantive law portion, followed by an intersession module of two weeks in-depth subject analysis. WSLS graduates receive the Juris Doctorate degree and are to be found serving their Community, and State within legal practice, government and other public service, insurance, academia and businesses in the private sector.

Contact the School

Dean of Students

8575 Gibbs Dr.
    Suite #150
    San Diego
    CA

[email protected]
    858-569-9223
    858-569-8223

http://www.wslawschool.com

Comment

COURSES

Juris Doctorate Program

Western Sierra Law School offers a comprehensive legal curriculum. Rather than emphasizing any single area of the law, the School provides both introductory and advanced courses in every major area of legal endeavor. The degree of Juris Doctor is conferred upon all graduates. Graduates of the School will meet the legal education qualifications for taking the California Bar Examination and upon passing may be licensed to practice Law in the State of California. Upon admission to the bar, graduates of Western Sierra Law School will be eligible to become members of both the California State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Please read the Guideline 2.3(D) Disclosures by clicking the link to the left, or contact the Dean of Students for more information.

The School and the student share responsibility for passage or failure of Bar Examinations. WSLS endeavors to teach the Law, in addition to analytical, writing and professional practice skills. The student must be focused and work hard, both in and out of class in order to succeed.

Four-Year JD Program (Part Time)

FIRST YEAR CALENDAR & CURRICULUM

CRIMINAL LAW (8.0 units)

LEGAL ANALYSIS I (Crim Law) (2.0 units)

CONTRACTS (8.0 units)

LEGAL ANALYSIS II (Contracts) (2.0 units)

TORTS (8.0 units)

LEGAL ANALYSIS III (Torts) (2.0 units)

LEGAL RESEARCH (3.0 units)

Total First-Year: 33.0 units (4 quarters)

First-Year Students attend two evening classes each week for ten weeks. Each class generally lasts 3-4 hours (6PM-9PM/10PM). This is immediately followed by a two week Intercession of subject analysis, during which, students attend three classes per week. Final examinations are usually conducted at the end of the last week of the Intercession.The course scheduled just prior to each Intercession of Analysis is a prerequisite for any student enrolling in the Intercession.

SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH YEAR CURRICULUM

CONSTITUTIONAL LAW I & II

EVIDENCE I & II

CORPORATIONS I & II

PROPERTY I & II

REMEDIES I & II

CIVIL PROCEDURE I & II

COMMUNITY PROPERTY

TRUSTS

WILLS/GIFTS

COURT ROOM SKILLS I & II

PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY

CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

ADVANCED LEGAL PROBLEMS I & II

ELECTIVE UNITS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X