Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law schools to provide more more accurate data about law students' job prospects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law schools to provide more more accurate data about law students' job prospects

Colorado law school professor Paul Campos today launched a petition drive in which he asks other law school professors to sign a letter calling on law schools to provide more more accurate data about law students' job prospects.

Campos writes in his blog post announcing the petition that he will not publish the letter, nor identify the signatories, until at least 100 current law faculty at ABA-accredited schools have signed it. “This number represents little more than one percent of the tenured faculty at such schools,” he writes.

Given that so much already has been written about the criticism that law schools do not provide prospective students with a realistic sense of their job prospects, what value will be served by Campos’ petition drive?

More...
    Welcome to our discussion forum!

Re: Law schools to provide more more accurate data about law students' job prospects

I believe that these students may have a valid case. With the economy in the toilet the past several years, you would expect that employment numbers in almost all fields would have dropped considerably.

In a related subject, have you guys seen the job columns that Yahoo often runs with titles such as "Jobs with the highest demand for the next 10 years" or "Best jobs for the future" which quote statistics from the sources such as the Department of Labor and almost always have links to online education schools? I have read several of those columns and they always make the potential job market sound much rosier than it really is (at least in my area).

Comment

Re: Law schools to provide more more accurate data about law students' job prospects

Thanks for share this information. I am finding a law school where provide accurate data to law students.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X