Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recession and the "Lost Generation" of law graduates

As a youngest child, I never encountered the perils of middle child syndrome growing up namely, feeling forgotten about or overshadowed by everyone around me.

But that seems to be exactly what’s happening to the middle, “Lost Generation” of law graduates who unfortunately happened to enter the job market during the recession, the Careerist reported yesterday.

These law school grads grabbed their diplomas during commencement ceremonies in 2008 and 2009, ready to jump into the world of high-paying gigs at big law firms. A few years later, many are without jobs and are finding themselves shunned from the industry, even though law firms have, as of late, generally started hiring again. Some law firms even hired 100% of their 2010 summer associates, according to a post on Above the Law.

Then why the bad news for the “Lost Generation”?

Read more...
    Welcome to our discussion forum!

Re: Recession and the "Lost Generation" of law graduates

Is the market for students with an LLM improving now in the US?

Or is it getting worse?

Comment

Almost all "BIG LAW" firms have been reducing their hires.
      That being said the demand for students at the top of the class of prestige schools remains VERY strong. And already-high salaries are rising in 2016 and will rise again in 2017.

Comment

The interesting question is where does the overall market for new lawyers go in 2017?

Comment

That depends on the election and ratification of the TPP.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

How so? What do you mean by that, regarding the TPP?

Comment

Any other info Disagreeable - or others?

Comment

I guess the person meant that TPP might affect the legal market.

I do not really see that as much of an issue.
                The states in the US control admissions tightly and even limited appearances or limited work by foreign lawyers sends the local Bars up in arms.

Comment

I would agree to my knowledge TPP has nothing to do with the legal market in the USA.

Comment

Funny how time changes things, seems the big firms are now back in business hiring and rolling in the big bucks!

Comment

Not for long, the next recession is just around the corner and the law market will be horrible again.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X