X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My US client is refusing to pay me

Hi,

I am from India.I have worked for one US client based in Fremont, California for 1 month on contract basis and it is mutually agreed that i'll get my payment Net 30 days after sending INVOICE, But its been 2 months till now i did not got any payment even after requesting him several times to release my payment.
    He do not respond to my emails or chats even.

What i can do in this case, is there any law to take legal action against him and get my payment to me?

Please help!

Re: My US client is refusing to pay me

I wish to inform you that you may serve a written notice on the other party. If the other party does not resolve the matter, if jurisdiction is your local jurisdiction in the contract then you may file a lawsuit and summons may be served to overseas party through local Court. On receiving summons from India, the other party may like to go in for a settlement.

AFF

Comment

Re: My US client is refusing to pay me

Every court has its own laws about its jurisdiction. While the general rule is that you can sue where the defendant is domiciled, there might also be the option of proceeding in the place of the relevant branch or agency involved, or where the service was provided. The choice of where to sue may also be the subject of a private agreement. It is important that any judgment obtained in one court is “recognized” by the courts of the place where you might want to enforce the judgment – which will be where the defendant has any assets. In the U.S., many states have enacted variations of the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X