USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal to hold over time pay for 90 days before the employer pays it to us?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal to hold over time pay for 90 days before the employer pays it to us?

CO

Is it legal to hold over time pay for "up to" 90 days before the employer pays it to us?

I never heard of such a thing and my friends have not either but our smaller firm (15 employees) has that as a new rule supposedly. Made by the boss's son - hmm

It seems illegal to me somehow.

It's illegal.

Report it. Today.

Here's where. Scroll down to Wage Complaint

File Complaints and Employer Responses | Department of Labor & Employment (colorado.gov)

Get co-workers to file complaints at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramal View Post
      CO

Is it legal to hold over time pay for "up to" 90 days before the employer pays it to us?

I never heard of such a thing and my friends have not either but our smaller firm (15 employees) has that as a new rule supposedly. Made by the boss's son - hmm

It seems illegal to me somehow.
      Your state department of labor will be interested in that proposal, which won’t last long as it clearly violates the law. It doesn’t sound like the boss’s son Has much business experience based on what you were telling us here.

Comment

It’s surprising how some small firms may invent new rules even though they violate the law. Thanks for sharing the steps I should take to report it. Is there any way to prevent it from happening?
        It’s my first job in a company, and I would like to make everything clear and correct not to have issues in the future and to learn more about what and how I should do it. I don’t earn a wage like a rapper rick ross's net worth, and I don’t want to work overtime. I mean, I am ready to work overtime if I get paid more. But if they refuse me to pay more for additional work, this position is not for me.

Comment

There's no way to "prevent" bad things from happening to you. However, there are often remedies available.

Don't anticipate bad things that may never happen. Most employers follow the wage and labor laws.

If you like the job offer and the money is good, take it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)