USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IL. moving company not paying o.t. - is this legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL. moving company not paying o.t. - is this legal?

I have been w/my current employer for many yrs. & never gotten any overtime pay (worked up to 88 hrs. per week) - is this legal for them not to have to pay overtime?

Re: IL. moving company not paying o.t. - is this legal?

Originally posted by zookr View Post
    I have been w/my current employer for many yrs. & never gotten any overtime pay (worked up to 88 hrs. per week) - is this legal for them not to have to pay overtime?
    That depends.

What kind of work do you do, and in what state do you work?

Why have you continued to work for so long and not ask about the overtime pay before?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Generally speaking yes, it is legal.
      Drivers, driver's helpers, loaders and mechanics are exempt from the overtime pay provisions of the FLSA if employed by a motor carrier, and if the employee's duties affect the safety of operation of the vehicles in transportation of passengers or property in interstate or foreign commerce

elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
        That depends.

What kind of work do you do, and in what state do you work?

Why have you continued to work for so long and not ask about the overtime pay before?
        State of IL., moving furniture & sometimes driving the truck - my gf has said there's a state statute on this but didn't elaborate for me. Came here to see if filing for past o.t. is an option I may have, or not -

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          State of IL., moving furniture & sometimes driving the truck - my gf has said there's a state statute on this but didn't elaborate for me. Came here to see if filing for past o.t. is an option I may have, or not -
          It's possible.

Follow this link to the Illinois Fair Labor Standards website and read up on it. If you feel that a complaint is warranted, then you can file one on the website as well.
          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X