Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If my boss gives me a 3 dollar per hour raise can he legally take it away after 4 weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my boss gives me a 3 dollar per hour raise can he legally take it away after 4 weeks

If my boss (in Missouri) gives me a 3 dollar per hour raise can he legally take it away after 4 weeks because he now says business is declining?

Absolutely, yes. As long as it's going forward and you still make at least minimum wage.

He can't take it away for the 4 weeks you already worked at the new wage.

Comment

Did you give up anything to stay there and work for that amount?
      If so you might remind the boss that you relied on that raise, and lost other opportunities, and feel that the action was somewhat deceitful and unfair--probably not an easy case to win in a court but he may get the message and re-think his actions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X