Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation roll over days

I work in Ohio and get paid salary. at the same place for 25 years. I get 5 weeks vacation per year. Last year I could not take them due to people either being laid off, sick or business being too busy. At the end of the year, I just wanted the pay for those days off. They told me absoluting no. I had to roll them over to this year. Now that gives me 10 weeks vacation. My Question. Is there a way to only get that orginal 5 weeks in pay? I rather have the money then the time off. Why can they not just pay me for what I am entitled? Also, they keep getting my check wrong on the vacation hours that I am to have. It's the end of February and they seem not to be able to get this correct.

Re: Vacation roll over days

I wish to inform you that your employment agreement will govern your rights. In this regard vacation pay can be demanded by you if no roll over provision exists in the employment agreement. You can contact top management, as well as the Union if there is any, for relief of compensation and correction. Further if relief is not availed then you can contact Department of Labor. Alternatively, you may go to court and seek a court order for correction and compensation.

AFF

Comment

Re: Vacation roll over days

Absent a specific contract, outlining the way your vacation days are to be treated, company policy applies. Ohio does not require paid vacations except for state employees, therefore does not regulate them. Some employers have a policy of use it or lose it. It seems your employer is generous, unless they stick you into a Catch 22, where you are required to keep up your workload even if you take vacation time.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X