Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer holding back last paycheck, supposedly to review my expenses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer holding back last paycheck, supposedly to review my expenses.

My employer is holding my last paycheck while they say they are reviewing my telephone and other expenses,
    I know for a fact there is nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with these minor expenses. It is all just as it has been for three years.

Is it legal to hold back this pay? Can I force them to pay me somehow.

I wish to inform you that your employer is liable to pay the amount due to you. In absence of Federal law regarding last pay check state law govern payment of last pay check. Many states provide about payment of last wages within certain time. If payment is not being made then you may file a complaint with Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by TEVA 20 View Post

Call your state's department of labor and ask what the deadline is for paying the last paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by TEVA 20 View Post
        My employer is holding my last paycheck while they say they are reviewing my telephone and other expenses,
        I know for a fact there is nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with these minor expenses. It is all just as it has been for three years.

Employers are not required by federal law to give former employees their final paycheck immediately. Some states, however, may require immediate payment. If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division or the state labor department.

Comment

Or sue them in small claims as well!!

Comment

If more then a few days go by I would suggest to immediately contact your State Dept of Labor and inform the company you are doing so.

No company wants to have a large number of complaints with the DOL. It can trigger further inquires.

Most importantly the company has no right to hold back your already-earned funds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)