Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker's Comp Company harrassment

I was injured on the job and have been off work after surgery for this injury. I was recently informed by a neighboor that SAIF (the worker's comp. insurance company) had called every person on my street to ask them to watch me and report anything "suspicious". So now, everyone on my street knows that I have been injured, which does not seem legal in light of the HIPPA laws. Furthermore, now everyone on my street thinks I am some kind of criminal! Is there anything I can do? I just moved in to the neighborhood and now all the neighboors think I am a bad person. I am desperate for any input- thanks!

Re: Worker's Comp Company harrassment

If someone publicly says or writes anything factually untrue and it damages you, you indeed can sue for slander, libel, defamation, interference with business relations etc. -- or at least threaten to do so and give a warning.

Comment

I know it's been a long time since this was posted but...

I too have gone through this (several times)... I have been disabled for seven years and gone through multiple back surgeries and they still investigate me. They send private investigators out to watch you... Anything they can to use any excuse to stop your benefits. It's cutting off their noses to spite their faces! I can understand those people that scam the system should be watched and caught (since they make it impossible for people like us that go through hell daily to live our lives). It would be nice to not have to stress over everything in your life. They (The comp. insurance companies) control our health, they control our finances, and they control what treatment we get or don't get! It is horrible! I wouldn't wish it upon anyone! And on top of all of it - we get treated like criminals - having people watch us and investigate us! I can sympathize with you though... It is embarrassing to say the least. Just keep your chin up and obviously if there's nothing to hide than they will report back with nothing (again and again and again!)

Comment

Good advice!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X