Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployed worker & work's compensation injuries

I had some workr's compensation injuries in the past while one resulted in some disability. The case wasnever settled because of what my own attorney and the hospital's attorney and the worker's compensation commissioner did to me. Since this time. I was employed with another employer and these same boy parts were reinjured again. I am scheuled for a hearing concerning the second employer yet the claim with my first employee has not been settled yet. What bearing does the prior injury has on the prsent injury as far as settlement goes.? In addition, with my second employment, I have had about 6 injuries. Four of them is with one insurance company and the last two is with another insurance company, but the same employer. What bearing does one of the last injuries have on the other four since non of them have every been settled. I don't know what to do.

In adddion, I fell and hurt my knees and hands at the last hospital. This was with the second iinsurance company. I had filed a claim but it is not setttled yet. Then on May 20, 2006, I fell at the church and injured both knees and my left wrist again. I am in the process of trying to get the church to pay for some of my medical care. What else should I ask for. This injuries involve the same body parts that was injured with a fall at the second hopital that I used to work at. A hearing is scheduled for March 8, 2007 concering this claim. The claim involves the same body parts that were injured at the fall at the church. What should I do since no attorney will help me? I may have to converse with you some more because of the continuation of the accidents. You really need tohave my chart in front of you to understand exactly what is going on.

Thank you.

Gertrude Shiver
    1026 Congaree Rd.
    Gadsden, S. C. 29052

re: Unemployed worker & workr's compensation injuries

Have you meet with several different workers comp lawyers? --often you need to contact several lawyers to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you...above any offer you may have received already.

Douglas Holsten

Comment

I have tried several lawyers and no one will take my case. I have even written a book about my struggles entitled , "The Fall of a nurse: What is wrong weith Gerly in hopes that some attorney would help me. The bok is currently on the market. Instead of the attorneys helping me with the case, they make it worst. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gertrude Shiver
      1026 Congaree Church Rd.
      Gadsden, S. C. 29052
      (803) 353-3892

Comment

I have tried several lawyers and no one will take my case. I have even written a book about my struggles entitled , "The Fall of a nurse: What is Wrong with Gerly," in hopes that some attorney would help me. The book is currently on the market. Instead of the attorneys helping me with the case, they make it worst. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gertrude Shiver
        1026 Congaree Church Rd.
        Gadsden, S. C. 29052
        (803) 353-3892

Comment

With workers comp cases, normally if several lawyers will not take it after a review of the situation, then some kind of issue exists. Any idea what seems to be the biggest obstacle?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            With workers comp cases, normally if several lawyers will not take it after a review of the situation, then some kind of issue exists. Any idea what seems to be the biggest obstacle?
            My computer was broke and I had to get it fix. The attorneys would not tell me the problem. I think all of them are afraid of Trident Regional Medical Center which is a HCA facility that s located in Charleston. My first accidents were with this hospital and I was mistreated. It happened during the time when they was much political deate about The Medical Univeristy, A state owned hospital of South Carolina merging with Columbia HCA. I never settled with the hospitaal concerning my left foot and my cervico-thoracic area because of what my attorney, the hopital attorney and one of the worker's compensation did to me. The disability to my cervico-thoracic area is partly due to some falls at that hospital. I have several more worker's compensation to these same areas from Palmetto Health Richland, another hospital that is located in Columbia. I don't know how the first injuries affect the subsequent injuries, but no attorney will help me. Presently, I got the worker's compensation comminssion to hold the cases against Palmetto Health Richland until I can try to find an attorney. I am trying to fill out the Forms 58 myself. I think they are going to go ahead and reschedule me in April. I got a letter to that affect.

I have a personal injury case where I fell at the church on May 20, 2006, and hurt my knees and left wrist at the church. This was on to of a worker's compensation injury that have never been settled. I am trying to get the church to pay for my medical care but I don't know what else to ask the church for.

On July 16, 2006, I developed some pain in my right wrist while using the hole puncher. This is one of my claims under worker's compensation. Some of the attorneys would not help me since I didn't have a disability recorded for the injuries, although I have a prior disability to my back and cervicothoracic area. In addition, I had two car accidents which the attorneys deliberately missed up my cases. The other ones wouldn't tell me why they wouldn't help me. I know I have had a serious of accidents, but if I had been taken care of properly, I don't think I would have had all of these accidents. I was not causing any of the accidents.

Comment

It does get tougher if there are many claims; but you still have the right to collect. Often you need to see a number of lawyers before one will act.

Comment

I have already tried many and none of them will help me. I don't know what else to do. I even losed a personal injury claim because I couldn't get any legal help.

Comment

That is often a sign unfortunately that the case is not going to win, since the lawyers need to take one third if they win and want to do so for good cases.

Comment

I truly don't think that is the reason why. I know I have a case it is just that they don't want to help me because of the hospitals that are involved.

Comment

I truly don't think that is the reason why. I know I have a case it is just that they don't want to help me because of the hospitals that are involved. They don't really listen to all that I have to say nor have they read my medical records.

Comment

Sometimes it pays to simply keep meeting with lawyers in workers comp and injury cases until you find one that will help--and learn along the way why others find the case not attractive...then you can try to correct whatever the concern is.

Comment

I see you didn't answer my last comment but I have a new question. What is a Form 19 under Worker's compensation in South Carolina?
                          I had ask the commmisoner to put my hearings on hold since they were scheduling them. I told them that I needed time to still find an attorney. I alerted them to the fact that I still had an outstanding claim that I hadn't been able to settled that inovled some of the body parts that are involved in the claims that they were scheduling.

Subsequently, the insurance company wrote me a letter after he got this information from the WCCommissioner and informed me that he was not going to pay for my medical care and that he was going to file two Form 19's. I need to know what is a Form 19 and what does it do. Thank you.

Gertrude Shiver

Comment

NCIC Form 19 is the employer's report of injury.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X