Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaca Stolen - my employer agreed to 1 additional week paid vacation

I recently left a director position for another position. Prior to when I was hired at the position I just left, my employer agreed to 1 additional week paid vacation by the end of my first year (only 4 months left to the year) and an additional 2 weeks for the next year. This was in addition to the regular earned vacation time earned through continued employment.

I received the one week vacation in those first 4 months of employment and also received the two weeks vacation my first full year. When I left and received my final check it was void of the time earned for vacation. Upon questioning this I was told by my president (Whom I reported to) that he had no idea what I was talking about. (It would take far too long to explain the unethical man that I'm referring to, which is why I left).

I had saved the email of the deal we made but my provider deletes emails after a certain period of time and now it's lost. Do I have a leg to stand on to get the two weeks of vacation time that he agreed to?

Thanks for your help!

re: Vaca Stolen - my employer agreed to 1 additional week paid vacation

Oral and/or written agreements are still binding even if the email is lost etc.--but you may have to prove your side of the story however you can...Based on what you say here, you could if need be file suit against him (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...

Comment

I sure appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Comment

AN addition to my first post. I found a printed version of the original offer letter that I received from them before I accepted the position.

On that printed offer I wrote some additional details. Items such as when insurance would start, checking into Cobra, what my out of pocket expenses would be AND that I was to get 3 days (not one week as earlier stated) teh ewnd of 2005 and 2 additional weeks in 2006.

Even though it's written on the printed copy, does this help?

Thanks again for any guidence you can offer.

Comment

Yes. Every piece of evidence is of some help to explain your position.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X