Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary overpayment -- I resigned from Delta Airlines

I recently have resigned from Delta Airlines. Since then they have direct deposited paychecks into my bank account to the tune of about 6500.00 dollars. I call them and told them and they have stopped paying. I then, a couple of weeks later, receive a notice in the mail that I own Delta about 6500.00 dollars in overpayments. My question is: What can happen if I don't pay this back. Can Delta sue me for it? Can they garnish my current employers wages to me? If they do sue me, what if I don't have said money? Thanks for all your help.

re: Salary overpayment -- I resigned from Delta Airlines

yes you do need to repay if you agree it is an error; you can however argue hardship in having to pay all or any substantial portion--saying that it was their mistake after all, and you spent it w/o realizing it was in error, and paying back now would be difficult...they often will not sue or take any further court action in these cases but will try to work something out. They may even settle on a partial amount.

Comment

I just had the same exact situation but my paycheck was not in error. Delta still owes me one more paycheck because the paychecks were a pay period behind. Delta is claiming I owe them 800 dollars from my last paycheck because it was paid to me by error, and it wasn't I worked for that paycheck. What do I need to do to make sure I'm not turned into a collection agency (which they are threatening) when it was not paid to me by error it was owed to me

Comment

If you agree it is an error you have to pay it back.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X