Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid Time Off ? (PTO time won't get covered)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Time Off ? (PTO time won't get covered)

I am always the one that volunteers to work for others. Last week I could not work while a friend requested time off for PTO. My boss said If you do not work now, I guess your PTO time won't get covered next time you ask for it. I already asked for PTO time off in the next two weeks.

He was basically threatening me! If I don't work these two days, he wont give me my PTO time off in the coming weeks.

The shifts I am supposed to cover are Audit (night) shifts. My shifts are more easily covered at 3-11pm. Many people would like the hours and to cover my shifts. Can he really not give me my PTO time for not being able to work anothers shift. It wasn't even on the schedule for me to work them. He just told me 5 days before the day of her PTO.

Paid Time Off ? (PTO time won't get covered)

Any help here?

Comment

re: Paid Time Off ? (PTO time won't get covered)

I am always the one that volunteers to work for others. Last week I could not work while a friend requested time off for PTO. My boss said If you do not work now, I guess your PTO time won't get covered next time you ask for it. I already asked for PTO time off in the next two weeks.

He was basically threatening me! If I don't work these two days, he wont give me my PTO time off in the coming weeks.

The shifts I am supposed to cover are Audit (night) shifts. My shifts are more easily covered at 3-11pm. Many people would like the hours and to cover my shifts. Can he really not give me my PTO time for not being able to work anothers shift. It wasn't even on the schedule for me to work them. He just told me 5 days before the day of her PTO.
      Not really. It shows bad faith to some extent.

You should discuss this with his boss, if he has one.

That kind of threat while not strictly illegal is highly unprofessional.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X