Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal to NOT pay me? (for mandatory online training)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal to NOT pay me? (for mandatory online training)

I work at a government job that forces me to do a lot of mandatory online training and random tasks like renew an I.D. card on my own time. Is that legal? Do they NOT have to pay me for that?
    Thank you very much.

re: Is it legal to NOT pay me? (for mandatory online training)

I wish to inform you that whether you should get payment or not depends upon the terms of your job. In this your employment contract will provide as to what work you are hired for and the same work you are obliged to perform. For the said work in your contract you will be paid a compensation as per your contract. Now if you get work which is outside the scope of the work assigned to you, then you may refuse to perform the work as being outside your scope of work but for getting an extra payment you should have a clause in your contract stating that if you are provided other then that assigned work then you will be paid extra or in case your working hours are extended for completing this extra work then you can ask for compensation of the extra time you spent.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X