X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Breached (Ontario)

Ontario

If an employer offers a job of 40 -44 hours a week and you accept with a signed offer and acceptance letter can they just give you whatever hours they feel like.
    I was hired in october for a position and since date of hire still only gives little or no hours a week and employer keeps telling me to have patience and it now has been 4 months and I am out of financial resources because I keep being told to hold on and it will get there but I don't feel I should have to wait anymore and they have breached the contract.
    Can I sue in small claims for all the hours I should of gotten and be compensated for the loss???

re: Contract Breached (Ontario)

I wish to inform you that when your employer has booked 40 to 44 hours a week he is expected to pay you accordingly. This is a contract for your employment. Now if he books your hour but does not employ you then it is his fault. Its his duty to give you work for those 40 ??" 44 hours a week. However, if he is unable to provide you work and also does not allow you to work some where else then he is liable because you cannot be made to suffer for his faults. Finally, the ultimate source of your litigation depends upon your contract and its provisions regarding work. If it mentions that you will be given 40 ??" 44 hours of work every week then you may file a suit is small claims court.

AFF

Comment

re: Contract Breached (Ontario)

Thank you so much for your info, I kinda thought I was right but my coworker that is going through the same thing as me was a little scared to take it to small claims but I try to keep assuring her that we have a case so now that I showed her your advice I think she is a little more assured with our case

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X