Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company transportation and forced overtime

The agreement at time of hiring was 5 days a week 10 hour days. I get pick up from my home in company vehicle and taken across state lines. Well they came to us midday Thursday saying we have no choice that we have to work. Well it was payday Friday I had no way of cashing my check if I would have worked so Friday I worked half a day and had to quit to cash my check for my family. I was made find my own way home is this legal?

Re: Company transportation and forced overtime

Why yes it is. Why should they supply transportation in the middle of a work day? You should have an alternate arrangement for handling your checking.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Even if they were forcing me to work with no choice

Comment

They do not offer direct deposit

Comment

Originally posted by Mark077 View Post
          Even if they were forcing me to work with no choice
          Yes. You do not get to choose the hours you wish to work, unless your employer approves them.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

So even if you have a contract for 5 days a week nothing can be done

Comment

Yes.....Unless this contract you speak overrides the basic premises of law and is enforceable. Honestly getting a payroll check cashed on a Saturday is not that difficult at a major US retailer.

Comment

After 5 on a Saturday is not that easy we have had problem cashing these checks you can only take it to a Whitney bank

Comment

I'm not trying to argue just ask the situation because I thank you for the feedback

Comment

So you quit your job to cash your check? Somebody please tell me I missed something here?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X