Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this company legally act against me and dismiss me before the termination date?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this company legally act against me and dismiss me before the termination date?

Calif.
    Hi, I'm self employed working for a company, my contract ends on the 31 December 2021, on this contract there is no notice of period to terminate (and no section on termination other than the Dec 31 date). My question is can this company legally act against me and dismiss me before Dec 31?

Nobody can answer that question without reading the contract in its entirety. If you like, you can upload a copy here, redacting any identifying information. See the Upload Attachments button below your next message space.

Comment

Seeing the contract would help of course Anna, but if there is no end date or options to terminate except Dec31 then that may very well be the date you are hired until, unless you are not performing and they have reason to cancel.

Otherwise they may very well need to pay you through Dec 31. Ask them to explain if there is any issue or confusion on that point. But read your contract carefully also to make sure you see all points included. What did you think was intended by both sides? That is often important too. It could be just sloppy drafting.

Have a lawyer review it all if it becomes crucial.

tj

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)