USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I sue for HR failing to follow through on my harassment claim?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I sue for HR failing to follow through on my harassment claim?

I am a full time salaried manager for a world wide company new in the u.s.
    About 2 months ago I filed a claim of harassment with the corporate hr rep. I did not go through HR at my location due to the fact I do not trust him. My case was handed down to him anyways.
    There was a group of 5 or more girls, lesbians, that were overheard planning to file a harassment case against me for discrimination with the intent on getting me fired. at that point I filed the case myself. this has been an ongoing problem with these girls for months. I was even advised by my manager not to file one because it will look bad for me.
    2 months has gone by and the HR rep in my location kept telling me that he still working on getting statements from the employees and they will be fired for retaliation. the HR rep was terminated days ago.
    In a meeting today I found out that this case was actually resolved a long time ago and the findings were that my case held no ground. I believe that the HR rep at my location kept this information from me as a way to keep me in check, as we did not get along or ever see eye to eye. He wanted me to believe that this was still under investigation so I would stay out of his way.
    This has caused me so much stress for a long period of time. my HR has shown incompetence.

re: Can I sue for HR failing to follow through on my harassment claim?

Harassment, discrimination. HR human resources.

Comment

re: Can I sue for HR failing to follow through on my harassment claim?

Originally posted by jjames View Post
      I am a full time salaried manager for a world wide company new in the u.s.
      About 2 months ago I filed a claim of harassment with the corporate hr rep. I did not go through HR at my location due to the fact I do not trust him. My case was handed down to him anyways.
      There was a group of 5 or more girls, lesbians, that were overheard planning to file a harassment case against me for discrimination with the intent on getting me fired. at that point I filed the case myself. this has been an ongoing problem with these girls for months. I was even advised by my manager not to file one because it will look bad for me.
      2 months has gone by and the HR rep in my location kept telling me that he still working on getting statements from the employees and they will be fired for retaliation. the HR rep was terminated days ago.
      In a meeting today I found out that this case was actually resolved a long time ago and the findings were that my case held no ground. I believe that the HR rep at my location kept this information from me as a way to keep me in check, as we did not get along or ever see eye to eye. He wanted me to believe that this was still under investigation so I would stay out of his way.
      This has caused me so much stress for a long period of time. my HR has shown incompetence.
      In many such cases, while the HR rep may be required to take the complaint, they are NOT obligated to notify the parties of the result or whether or not the accused has been disciplined.

It sounds to me like either you assumed that this HR rep was going to act and respond in a manner of which you approved. That wasn't the case, The fact that the rep themselves were subsequently terminated may or may not have any bearing on your situation.

Either way, I can see no case for harassment that you could win against the company. If you disagree, you are welcome to consult with an attorney to see whether or not they believe you might have some legal recourse.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X