USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manager ran fraudulent charges, am I responsible??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager ran fraudulent charges, am I responsible??

My restaurant manager ran fraudulent credit card charges using my employee id & I was fired for them, am I legally responsible for these charges? Please help, I'm scared of facing charges for something I did not do!!

Re: Manager ran fraudulent charges, am I responsible??

I wish to inform you that as wrong was committed by manager thus you should not be held liable. In this regard you may immediately file police complaint of identity theft committed by your manager and further you can inform law enforcement about how wrong was committed so that they may take all necessary steps to ensure justice.

AFF

Comment

Did these charges occur while you were working?
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
        Did these charges occur while you were working?
        Yes they did

Comment

Originally posted by Regina View Post
          Yes they did
          Prove that the manager did it and not you. That's what you're facing. "Your employee id, your fraudulent charge" is going to be the argument. Unless you can show that the manager did this to OTHER employees and there is a pattern of conduct, or you couldn't have been the one to commit the offense because you weren't there, it's going to be a very difficult thing to prove.
          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
            Prove that the manager did it and not you. That's what you're facing. "Your employee id, your fraudulent charge" is going to be the argument. Unless you can show that the manager did this to OTHER employees and there is a pattern of conduct, or you couldn't have been the one to commit the offense because you weren't there, it's going to be a very difficult thing to prove.
            He did get caught doing other illegal activities on several different people's employee numbers as well, will this help prove my innocence?

Comment

Originally posted by Regina View Post
              He did get caught doing other illegal activities on several different people's employee numbers as well, will this help prove my innocence?
              It does not prove your innocence. It casts reasonable doubt on your guilt.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X